WFW8400TW02 Whirlpool Duet Sport -- Error Code F33

Ezeric

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW8400TW02
Brand
Whirlpool
A few years ago I replaced my drain pump because of error code F33. It's now popped up again and although my impeller seems fine this time I replaced the pump and it did not fix the problem and the error code still pops up. The washer still works on and off without rhyme or reason and will complete a cycle. This has been happening for about 3 weeks now.

There is sometimes a small puddle of water at the front of the washer on the tile. I'm guessing this might have something to do with it. Any guesses on what to try next: hose, pressure switch, circuit?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

F33=PUMP DRIVE SYSTEM ERROR --->When the connection between pump and the Central Control Unit (CCU) is lost.

Possible Causes/Procedure
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the pump and Central Control Unit (CCU).
3. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
4. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle. Refer to the Continuity tests on page 10.

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below so you can Refer to the Continuity tests on page 10.

Did you replace the drain pump with the OEM one here?
WPW10730972 Drain Pump and Motor Assembly

Jake

Attachments

Ezeric

Premium Member
Hi Jake
You already replied to me today on the other thread with Bee. I did replace it originally (twoish years ago) with that drain pump because of F33. I replaced it again today with a new drain pump but it didn't solve the issue.

I probably need to try the pressure hose next. That was what you had mentioned in the post with b. There's always about a silver dollar size puddle of water at the bottom of the washer on the tile over the last two or three months when it has worked.

Do you have the drain pump for the model I have? What would be the next thing to check? The water switch?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I probably need to try the pressure hose next. That was what you had mentioned in the post with b.
F33 on your model is completely different than F33 on Bee's model. That's why I wanted you to verify your model number.:)

I deleted your post from Bee's thread after I saw you started a new one here.:)

There's always about a silver dollar size puddle of water at the bottom of the washer on the tile
It would really help me if you could pinpoint where that water is coming from.

Do you have the drain pump for the model I have?
I posted the OEM drain pump in post #2 above, do you not see it?

What would be the next thing to check? The water switch?
Your F33 is what I posted above in post #2 above, follow the test procedures in the tech data sheet I also posted in post #2 above.

Jake

Ezeric

Premium Member
Small puddle of water looks like it's coming from the main drum/door seal.... Maybe about 20ish drips. Could that be causing F33?

I ran the service history and diagnostic. Service History only showed F33 and it ran through the diagnostic test and seemed to finish what was like a short wash cycle successfully.

I tried to do a regular load after and F1 popped up immediately (first time I've ever seen that -- and I cancelled out of it) and then f33 popped up again when I tried to restart.

I was able to run a successful full load yesterday after reinstalling the old drain pump, but I can't replicate that again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Ezeric

Premium Member
Thanks!
If for some reason the new CCU doesn't fix the issue, is the part returnable?

Does the CCU slowly fail like this, meaning it still might work at various times?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, all parts you order from our links come with a full 365 day refund installed or not.

Does the CCU slowly fail like this, meaning it still might work at various times?
Yes, it can be intermittent.

Also, first check all your connectors that connect to the CCU to make sure all are tight and none loose before you order the CCU. I usually unplug them one at a time and plug them back in to make sure they are tight in the CCU.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, keep us posted.

Jake