• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WFW8410SW01 Whirlpool Washer - F-26 Error that won’t go away

tom22

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW8410SW01
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello:

I had a leaking pump that I fixed yesterday on a duet sport model WFW8410SW01. While testing the pump, I ran the washer several times without opening the door. After testing the machine, I left it overnight.

The next day, I went to use the washer and got a F-26 error. The tech manual says that the error can happen if the washer is ran without opening the door, which is exactly what I had done. Or it says that error may be a problem with the door latch. But I now I cannot get the error to go away. I have done the following:

1. I unplugged the machine for serval minutes
2. I cancelled the display many times and then turned the power back on
3. I have ran it in diagnostic mode. It seems to work fine at each step. I hear the door lock on step one.

I guess it is possible that the door latch went bad the same day I fixed the pump. But that seems like an unlikely coincidence. When fixing the pump, I never touched anything other than the pump and related connection. The machine was working fine when I left it last night.

Is there any way to “reset” the error code after running it several times without opening the door?
Any ideas other than replacing the door latch?

Thank you,

Tom

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I believe the washer needs to go through so many wash cycles before the error is removed. It might be three but could be five wash cycles

tom22

Premium Member
Thank you for your reply.

Starting the day after the pump repair, the machine will not go through any wash cycles. When I press start, it immediately goes to a F-26 error.

It will go through all the steps in diagnostic mode and the door is unlocked. And it sounds like it locks just fine in diagnostic mode.

rickgburton

Staff member
When I press start, it immediately goes to a F-26 error.
This error is only shown in Diagnostic mode. Is that where you get it? Try this:
Power up the machine. Open and close the lid then unplug the machine. Check the wire connectors between the door switch and CCU. Make sure they are on tight and there's no pinched wires. Restore power and run the diagnostics. When the diagnostic cycle finishes, unplug the machine for longer than 30 seconds.

tom22

Premium Member
Hello:

To clarify, this is a front load washer and the F-26 error is happening only in normal mode not in diagnostic mode. In diagnostic mode, it cycled through all the stage fine with no errors.

Thank you

rickgburton

Staff member
In diagnostic mode, it cycled through all the stage fine with no errors.
........ and you unplugged the machine and waited for 20-30 seconds before plugging it back in?

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.