• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WFW85HEFW0 Whirlpool Washer - front panel turns off after power on - no error codes

alhovi

Model Number
WFW85HEFW0
Brand
Whirlpool
ok, long story short, Wife called me in cause she couldnt get the washer to stay on
Hit the power button, the panel turned on and then turned off after about 1 second.
the Turn dial was on normal wash.

i did this a couple times and tested it on each of the dial settings and got the same results until I turned it to the "whites" setting where it stayed powered on.
I power cycled it a couple of times and tested on all the cycle settings and it seems the issue was now gone

I went ahead and did a full power cycle (disconnected power for 2 minutes) and turned it back on with no issues.
I troubleshoot issues for a living (Computer guy) and in my world these issues rarely just, go away.
I found this site, learned how to check fault codes and run a test on my machine and continued to do so....

There were Zero stored fault codes and it passed the diag test with no issues and has now completed washing a load of laundry...
Like, do i just let this go as an actual fluke or should I be on the look out for something else?

Thanks everyone

TL;DR - front panel was powering off directly after power on, issue cleared up "on its own", no fault codes, Do I ignore or push further?

I have attached the Tech Sheet I used for my machine

Attachments

• W10602465-RevB.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 36

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

In your tech. data sheet DO--->TEST #1, ACU Power Check, page 13.
Then do the USER INTERFACE TEST

Jake