WFW87HEDW0 F03 E01 Error Code

gschroeder

Premium Member
Model
WFW87HEDW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi,

I have a Whirlpool Duet washing machine with F03 - E01 error codes randomly appearing (model number WFW87HEDW0). Sometimes the F03 - E01 code appears during the middle of the wash cycle, sometimes appears towards the end of the cycle, sometimes appears when I open and close the door before starting a cycle, and sometimes appears while the machine is off and nobody is near it. I understand F03 - E01 error codes mean the machine cannot detect the water level, so I replaced the Pressure Sensor Switch. This worked for about 1 week, and the F03 and E01 appeared again. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

gschroeder

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you for your help. I replaced the Air Dome Assembly, and unfortunately started experiencing the F03 - E01 error codes again approximately 1 week after replacing the part. I now have a new Air Dome Assembly, and Pressure Switch with F03 - E01 error codes still occurring. Do you have any advice on what else I can do? I did reconfirm the rubber hose from the Pressure Switch to Air Dome, and it is good with no holes or blockage. Thank you again for your help.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That should of fixed it.

Did you make sure there was no water in the tub when you replaced it?

Also blow hard into the water level switch clear hose which goes into the dome assembly, with no water in the tub.

Jake

gschroeder

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you again for the reply. I believe the tube was empty when I replaced it. I cleaned out the water trap/filter while I replaced the Air Dome Assembly. I did blow hard into the "black" hose that runs from the Pressure Switch to the Air Dome Assembly. It was clear. Where is the "clear" hose you mentioned above? Thank you again for your help.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nevermind, they changed the color of the pressure switch hose from clear to black.

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fs4KEMEbtAMWbPwEiFUEJ81En03ApYgP

Lets clear that F03 E01 fault code and see if it comes back.

Clearing Fault Codes
To clear fault codes, enter Service Diagnostic mode. Then press and hold the 3rd button used to enter Service Diagnostic mode for 5 seconds. Once the fault codes are successfully erased, the seven segment display will show “888” or “88”.

Jake

gschroeder

Premium Member
Jake,

Unfortunately I can't get the washer into the service diagnostic mode. Here's what I did:
1.) Push power button
2.) Wait 30 seconds
3.) Push button 1 and release
4.) Push button 2 and release
5.) Push button 3 and release
6.) Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 two more times

I tried this procedure with different buttons, and can not get the machine to go into service diagnostic mode. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Here we go:

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off).
2. After initial power is applied, wait 30 seconds before activating Service Diagnostic mode.
3. Select any three (3) buttons (except POWER) and follow the steps below, using the same buttons. Remember the buttons and the order that the buttons were pressed.

Within 8 seconds,
• Press and Release the 1st selected button,
• Press and Release the 2nd selected button,
• Press and Release the 3rd selected button;
• Repeat this 3 button sequence 2 more times.

4. If the Service Diagnostic mode has been entered successfully, all indicators on the console are illuminated for 5 seconds with “888” or “88” showing in the Estimated Time Remaining (Whirlpool) or Estimated Cycle Time (Maytag) seven-segment display. If
there are no saved fault codes, all indicators on the console will momentarily turn off, and then only the seven-segment display will come back on and display “888” or “88”.
NOTE: The Service Diagnostic mode will time out after 10 minutes of user inactivity, or shut down if AC power is removed.

Jake

gschroeder

Premium Member
Jake,

I followed your instructions above exactly and can not get the machine into service diagnostic mode. I tried doing it with different sets is 3 burtons, and nothing worked. Do you have any other suggestions on how to get it into service diagnostic mode? Thanks again for your help.

Thank you

gschroeder

Premium Member
Jake,

Just to confirm for the 3 button sequence, do I push the 3 buttons simultaneously, or consecutively? I did it consecutively, but a thought came to me after the fact that maybe I should push the 3 buttons simultaneously?

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You press them consecutively, you can try simultaneously it won't hurt to try.

If you still can't get it in diagnostics, then its possibly something in the control board went haywire.

Try unplugging the machine for a hour as well.

Here's the control board for your model:
Main Control Board W11029153

Jake

gschroeder

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you. I'll unplug the washer for a few days, and see if that works. If not, I'll probably junk it. Sadly the control board cost more than 1/2 the value of a new washer so I really can't justify repairing it. Thanks again for your help.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Also please update your email address in your account, its bouncing back as not good anymore.

Jake

gschroeder

Premium Member
Jake,

I ran the washer yesterday after having it unplugged for a few days. It cycled thru fine with no error codes, but after the load was complete, it just hummed. There was 0 time left on the display, door was locked, drum wasn't spinning, and the washer just hummed continuously. It didn't matter what button I pushed to stop the cycle, the washer just continued to hum. I had to unplug it to stop the humming and get the door open. The washer has never done this before. In the past, I always got the F03-E01 error code mid-way thru a cycle. Any suggestions on what this might be?

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, not a clue, sorry.

You'll need to have Whirlpool come out to see what's going on, I've replaced many of those air dome kits and it fixed the Error F3E1 on my local customers, you have a very odd problem with yours.

Jake

gschroeder

Premium Member
Jake,

I wanted to let you know the washer is running fine now, except after every load is finished, it looks the door. I unplug it for a few seconds, plug it back in, and the door opens. F03-E01 error codes have seem to gone away, but door locks after every cycle is complete. Would you suspect my control board is bad and causing this? Thanks again for your help.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It sure sounds like the main control board is bad. That's basically all it could be at this point.

You can order it from my link to it in post #11 and replace it, if it doesn't fix the washer you have 365 days to return it for a full refund, less shipping.

Jake