• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WFW9050XW00 error code F6E1

moana69

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW9050XW00
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi, I have a whirlpool washer WFW9050XW00,, it doesn't go in spin mode after drain. Draining is ok, no water stays. Before this happens my wife says the laundry was still wet after spinning.

I tried the diagnostic mode but the machine won't go in. So I thought it was the belt and replace it. The old one was dead! Tried the washer again and still no spinning at all.

I looked at the light flashing when the washer stop and it show error code F6E1. The manual says it's a bad communication between the central control unit and the motor control unit. How to know which one is malfunctioning?

Thank you for help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Usually the F6E1 is a bad MCU(Motor Control Unit). Also you will usually see a burnt spot on that board as well when it throws this error code.

Here's the MCU for your model:
WPW10384843 Electronic Control Board

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wait, Your not in the USA? I just noticed your location. How can you make this USA washer work in another country?

Jake

moana69

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thank you for your answer. We do have sellers for all US brand, if dual voltage or 220v is not available, they have voltage transformer installed in the machine. I'm gonna check for the burnt spot. It's the second time in ten years that I have to replace that MCU, any idea on what could be the cause?
Nick

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No Nick, I don't know what the cause is for the MCU to go bad twice unless its in the step down transformer you are using on the machine to go from 220 volts to 120 volts that the machine runs on.

Jake