FIXED WFW9050XW00 NO Display, how to read error codes

Bernie Yost III

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW9050XW00
Brand
Whirlpool
I bought these used worked good for about a year. I already replaced the door lock sensor, it was my first problem i had. Now it stops when laundry is in it at random times. I ran it without any clothes in it and it never stopped till the end.
How do i read the error codes if there is no digital display. The lights blink 7 times after error occurs. Looking in my book i found inside washer, it looks like it could be drive motor tach error which makes sense since it stops with a load in it. I think it can get enough speed to spin or agitate clothes. But when empty it spins no problem.
thanks in advance for any info
Bernie

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Whirlpool Washer WFW9050XW00 Repair Parts

The washer must be empty and the control must be in the OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to start the test.

Close the door. Select any three different keys (except POWER). Individually press these in a sequence of 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3. This sequence must be completed within 8 seconds of the first key press.
These three keys are referred to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd keys, based on the order pressed.

Upon entry into service diagnostics, the console will beep (if available) and all console LED lights will turn on for 5 seconds then display any error codes. All error codes have an "F" number and an "E" number.

For non display models, the WASH LED will flash and the error code number is represented by the number of times the LED flashes. The first set of flashes represents the “F” # and the second set of flashes represents the “E” #. There is a pause of 2 seconds between the flashes for “F” # and “E” #. The error code sequence will repeat after a pause of 5 seconds.

If there are no error codes the WASH LED will remain on. Press and hold the 1st key for 5 seconds to exit test mode.

rickgburton

Staff member
Check the wires for continuity from the main motor to the motor control (MCU) and MCU to the CCU. Disconnect the wire harness from the motor and measure the resistance of the motor. Pins 1-2, 2-3, and 1-3 = 6Ω. Pins 4-5 = 117Ω.

Bernie Yost III

Premium Member
20190428_171443.jpg

So i unplugged the main harness at the motor and two wires were broke off the harness.
Could this be my problem lol?
I am assuming it is but my problem now is which wire went where?
Thanks for the help almost got her i think
Bernie

rickgburton

Staff member
Connect the connector then use a finger to bend the wires up to the connector and you should be able to tell which wire goes where.

Bernie Yost III

Premium Member
Im going to do a test run with some bed sheets but i was wondering do you think this was my problem?
Thanks
Bernie

Bernie Yost III

Premium Member
Ran some loads of laundry this past weekend and wife says it works great now
Thanks so much for the help, not you guys/gals I would be buying a new washer
Thanks
Bernie