WFW9200SQ00 Whirlpool Duet HT, F25 error code

Reua95

Model Number
WFW9200SQ00
Brand
Whirlpool
I started having an F25 error during random times in a wash cycle. It seems like load size affected it to begin with. Sometimes it will complete a wash cycle with no problems.

I found this forum and found a really good post regarding testing the motor and wiring to rule them out to tell if the MCU is bad.

I tested the motor first, the resistance on the 1-2, 1-3, and 2-3 were all 6.8 ohms. That’s a little higher than the reading it says you should get of 6 ohms,but they were all the same.

The reading for the tachometer (4-5) was 198, quite a bit higher than the reading stated as normal,115 ohms.

I am a novice at best when it comes to diagnose these type issues,but I assume the tachometer is bad based on the reading.

Could someone verify this is correct? Thanks in advance.

My second question is whether these motors are repairable. Based on my research it appears the answer is no.

Since the washer is 13 years old,I plan on purchasing a used motor, any thoughts on going this route?

I really don’t want to put $200 in the machine for a new motor.

Thanks, great website!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

F25=DRIVE MOTOR TACHOMETER ERROR

If the control is unable to properly detect motor speed, the machine shuts down. If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door unlocks after 3 minutes.

Possible Causes/Procedure
1. Verify the shipping system including shipping bolts, spacers and the power cord are removed.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check drive motor tachometer resistance. It should be approx. 115 Ω.
4. Check wire harness connections between the drive motor and the Motor Control Unit (MCU), and between the MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU).
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations

The reading for the tachometer (4-5) was 198, quite a bit higher than the reading stated as normal,115 ohms.
Yes, 198 ohms is way to high.

You'll need to order and replace the motor.

Since the washer is 13 years old,I plan on purchasing a used motor, any thoughts on going this route?
I wouldn't do that if I was you, a used motor can last 10 hours or 10 days or 10 months, then crap out again.:sulkiness:

You never know what to expect with a used motor.

Here's the new motor for your model:
WP8182793 Drive Motor Assembly

Jake

Silverfox861

Hi Jake,

I'm having the exact same issue. However the tachometer resistance is reading at 70 ohms. I'm assuming that is the source of the issue? If so, wouldn't there be shops that could repair or provide a replacement tachometer or is it "baked in to the cake" (motor)?

Thank you,

Kyle

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Kyle,

The tachometer is only available in a new motor.

Jake