• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WFW9250WR00 Whirlpool duet front load washer F1E1 error code?

Paul75

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW9250WR00
Brand
Whirlpool
Our whirlpool washer with setting at normal with start the wash cycle fill and drum rotating but it seems when the next sequence is the rinse cycle we will get the F1E1 error code. I know this code indicates Pump Driver/Main Relays/EEPROM error.

1) I have cycled the power to reboot the CCB board and confirmed a good supply voltage
2) I checked the pump winding resistance and the reading measured correctly and checked the filter for blockages.

I also noticed if you select the setting Rinse/Drain & Spin with tumble fresh option selected the time setting is 14 minutes and right away I will get the F1E1 error code.
Do the same thing but this time change the option from tumblefresh to extra rinse the washer will fill with water and drum rotate and after 10-15 minutes then the F1E1 code will become active.

Unfortunately My multimeter leads are too big to confirm if the drain pump is actually receiving the 120Vac signal?
So I am still not sure if it is a CCB board issue or a drain pump issue.

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanking you in advance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately My multimeter leads are too big to confirm if the drain pump is actually receiving the 120Vac signal?
Use the safety pin trick Rick posted:

safety pin 500x250.jpg

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Paul75

Premium Member
Hello Jake
What I done was I isolated the drain pump and connected an external 120Vac source and the pump runs fine.
I am now suspecting the central control board is faulty. I would of thought if the CCB was faulty the washer were not run through any cycles but as previously mentioned it occurs at the rinse cycle sequence.
Is there another test I should perform or all data is confirming an CCB fault.

Thank you for your assistance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It's called a CCU, not CCB.:)

Yes, that CCU is the problem if the drain pump runs fine with a external 120 volt source hooked up to it.

Here's the CCU for your model:
WPW10525362 Control Unit-Central, Programmed

I would of thought if the CCB was faulty the washer were not run through any cycles but as previously mentioned it occurs at the rinse cycle sequence.
Nope, that's not always the case.

Is there another test I should perform or all data is confirming an CCB fault.
Nope, that's the only test there is per the tech. data sheet.

Jake