• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WFW92HEFW Whirlpool Washer - F03 E01 error: can't stop it from trying to drain, won't unlock

tighe15

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW92HEFW
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool WFW92HEFW front loader. It threw the F03 E01 error codes today. I unplugged it mid-cycle and I wonder if I've just screwed myself by doing that?

I have removed/replaced the drain pump and filter; the filter wasn't all that clogged, but had some debris. It's clean now. I've checked the pressure hose; blew through it and appears clean as a whistle. Took off the air dome/trap and that doesn't appear to have any debris in it to speak of.

After all that, the washer was unplugged for an hour, but when I plug it back in, it sounds like it's trying to drain (there's no water left in it, all that came out during the above process) and the door locked light keeps blinking. I put it in diagnostics mode and it has stopped flashing the error codes, just 8:88....but it just sits in that trying-to-drain state and won't stop. Please help!

Last edited:

tighe15

Premium Member
Update: the (attempted) draining has stopped. It's now just reading 8:88 on the display with the "door locked" light flashing red.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

If there are no saved fault codes, all indicators on the console will momentarily turn off, and then only the seven-segment display will come back on and display “888”.
NOTE: The Service Diagnostic mode will time out after 10 minutes of user inactivity, or shut down if AC power is removed.

F3E1--->WATER LEVEL SYSTEM ERROR--->The ACU detects an out of range pressure signal.
Possible Causes
• Check connections from tub to air trap, air trap to pressure hose, and pressure hose to water level sensor.
Is pressure hose pinched, kinked, plugged, or leaking air?
--->See TEST #7 (Water Level Sensor) on page 17.

Remove power to the machine for 10 minutes, then plug it back in and see what happens.

Here's the ACU for your model: W11201293 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-W10775510-RevA.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 406

tighe15

Premium Member
Thanks for the response. So, once it finally stopped draining, it still sat with the light blinking. I decided to try, again, just unplugging it for a while and plugging it back in, and that appeared to work. When I plugged it back in, all lights were off and the door was unlocked. I was able to power the machine back on and then ran a quick cycle with nothing in it, which appears to have gone ok.

My wife had run a load with three blankets that got VERY heavy, as each one held a lot of water. I think that just overwhelmed the machine? I have since two loads, each with just one of those blankets, and everything seems fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
My wife had run a load with three blankets that got VERY heavy, as each one held a lot of water. I think that just overwhelmed the machine?
I agree.:)

You should be fine now.(y)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.