WFW9400SW01 Whirlpool Duet f11 f28

Trever

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW9400SW01
Brand
Whirlpool
I bought this used plugged it all in went to wash some clothes the machine door locked some water started to flow in and then it stopped the door unlocked and relocked then after a minute it gave a f11 error.. so after doing the diagnostics I find I have a bad MCU I buy antoher one replace it then I get a f28 code.. now I know the mcu was bad since It had a fired part one the board.. all wiring looks good all connectors look good so I buy a new CCU replug everything back in and power it up try to run drain/spin and still get after a bit f28.. so the next step I did was to run the diagnostic again the programs starts to run and at C00 the door locks and then nothing else happens after...it nevers goes to c01 to test water fill

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you put the access panels back in place?

You should have two grounding switches on the bottom base of the washer, one in the front, one in the back. Both you will see right away once you remove the front and rear access panels, when the panels are in place they make contact with the levers on the grounding switches, if those panels are not in place you will get F28.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

F28=The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.

Do these steps below and report back:

1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
– Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
– Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing the MCU connectors.

Jake