WFW9450WW00 Whirlpool duet keeps stopping

clavin29

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW9450WW00
Brand
Whirlpool
i have a whirlpool deut front loader that keeps stopping. sometimes it will go a full cycle, but usually not. sometimes will just stop once, you can restart and will finish cycle fine. sometimes multiple stops. wahser is level. no codes, all lights flash and min remaining is flashing when stopped. recetly put a new door hinge on and stopping instances seemed to increase. Suggestions??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check your door latch switch button to make sure thats not broken. Its the button that pushes in when you close the door.

Here's the door lock latch assembly for your model you can order here if needed:
Whirlpool WPW10253483 Latch

Jake

clavin29

Premium Member
checked door swithch and latch, all working fine. any other suggestions? thank you in advance for the help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you use a multimeter to ohm test the door latch switch assembly?

Jake

clavin29

Premium Member
ok jake, again thank you for your help. found the CCU, found, DL3, but i tested and 2-3 unlock 61.4ohms. 1-3 was 121 ohms. There was no DS2 for me to test on my CCU. i search high and low for a service manual on WFW9450WW00, but cant find one

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I can't locate the one for your model.

Let me ask Rick.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I don't have that manual either so we'll wing it with a tech sheet:

Attachments

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Rick.:)

Jake

Rdlsz24

Premium Member
I have the same model Duet and it does the same thing. I hold the start button and the display will flash. I have to open the door and close it then rehold start button. I usually have to do this trick 3 or 4 times before it will finally start, and usually finish with no problem. Every so often it will stop part way through the cycle. Unit is about 3.5 years old.

found the CCU, found, DL3, but i tested and 2-3 unlock 61.4ohms. 1-3 was 121 ohms. There was no DS2 for me to test on my CCU. i search high and low for a service manual on wfw9450ww00, but cant find one
I have no problem troubleshooting and have an ohmeter, but I have no idea what you mean by this. Can you clarify? And did you end up remedying your problem?

Rob

Last edited:

Rdlsz24

Premium Member
No error codes, just blinking display. Do you have a walk through for checking the switch? All I can see is the part sticking out that the door presses against.

Rob

rickgburton

Staff member
Click on both the images in post #7 and the tech sheet. That's all the information for that machine.

Rdlsz24

Premium Member
Ok thanks, I will have to give it a shot. Any idea on the whereabouts of the CCU, and how much trouble it is to get at it?

Rob

rickgburton

Staff member
The CCU (Central Control Unit) is located under the top panel behind the drum.
Duet Washer Component Location.jpg

Rdlsz24

Premium Member
found the CCU, found, DL3, but i tested and 2-3 unlock 61.4ohms. 1-3 was 121 ohms
I found about the same numbers on mine. They are supposed to both be 60. Does this mean it's bad?

there was no DS2 for me to test on my CCU.
I figured out by tracing wires that ours is the DCS3 connector, with 2 blue wires. Mine tested ok at 0 with the door closed and 1 with the door open.

Rob

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, the next thing would be to check the pump for any restrictions. There is a clean out plug on it you unscrew to remove. If the pump is not restricted or if, after you clean it out, the problem still exists, follow the steps on the tech sheet to run a diagnostic test and check for error codes.

Rdlsz24

Premium Member
It looks like the tech sheet attached earlier in the thread doesn't have the diag instructions.

Rob

Rdlsz24

Premium Member
Oh ok I'm sorry, I have been just looking at the thumbnails. I completely missed that there was a link also

Rob