• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WFW94HEXL1 Whirlpool Washer stuck in flood mode

skiter29

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW94HEXL1
Brand
Whirlpool
Have a whirlpool front load washer Model WFW94HEXL1 its stuck in flood mode you press start the door locks the tub goes around once or twice

Then the pump starts up then f8e1 code comes up i checked the air hose which if fine so i replaced the level switch same thing

Then i replaced the CCU and it fixed it she ran 4 loads fine then now its the same thing so went back out there thought it was a connection but that is fine any help would be appricated thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does the washer ever even attempt to fill? Try COLD WATER ONLY, then HOT WATER ONLY and see if it try's to fill.

What type of fill hoses are you using? if they are those "flood prevention" type hoses they will not work with front load washers.

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below--->F8E1--->NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING WASHER OR PRESSURE SWITCH TRIP NOT DETECTED
The washer does not detect water input after 13 minutes of filling.

Possible Causes
• Is water supply connected and turned on?
• Check for blocked or kinked inlet hoses.
• Low water pressure or blocked hose screens.
• Check for proper drain hose installation. Is water siphoning out of the drain hose? Drain hose must not be more than 4.5" (113 mm) into drain pipe.
• Check connections from tub to air trap, air trap to pressure hose, and pressure hose to pressure sensor.
Is pressure hose pinched, kinked, plugged, or leaking air?

• See TEST #6 (Water Inlet Valves) on page 17.
• See TEST #7 (Pressure Sensor/Switch) on page 17

I was at a customers house in Blythe, CA. a couple years ago and had this exact same error code F8 E1 and I cleaned out their air dome and blow through the pressure switch hose, and they haven't called back since. Try that on yours first too.

Here's the air dome for your model:
Trap WPW10260500

This video gives you the general idea of how to access it:

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10254474.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 30

skiter29

Premium Member
i let flood mode time out i cleaned out the water valve both hot and cold and washer is now working propely

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.