• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WFW94HEXW0 error code F6E1 fixed, but service diagnostic mode stops at C06

Status
Not open for further replies.

joergdj

Model Number
WFW94HEXW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello everyone,

Whirlpool Duet front-loading washer, WFW94HEXW0, recently died with error code F6E1. Service Diagnostic mode > Quick Diagnostic test failed consistently with this error. Just replaced MCU (saw that failed MCU circuit board has a power control IC that literally split in half!).

Machine now almost behaves normally—but not quite.

Remaining issue is that Quick Diagnostics runs fine until C06, then stops. It does not do C07 or C08 as described in the service manual. Door unlocks, but water remains in the drum. At this point, if I run the shortest possible cycle (Rinse/Drain&Spin, no Extra Rinse; cycle time = 2-3 minutes), it drains just fine and runs to completion as expected.

If I run Quick Diagnostics, but manually cut short C06 and skip to C07, it runs all the way through the end of C08 (including fully draining the tank).

All of this suggests that the drain pump is OK, so I'm not sure what to do next. My search so far has turned up very few mentions of this exact problem—one suggesting a clog in the pressure switch line, another asserting that this is definitely a bad CCU. Both sound like guesses; neither appears to be authoritative.

I just ran a small load and it seems to have run OK, but I'd feel much more confident if the diagnostic would run to completion.

I would be grateful for any specific guidance about how to troubleshoot this. Thanks very much in advance!

Regards,
Joerg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I just ran a small load and it seems to have run OK
not worth worrying about?
Correct, if its running fine now after you replaced the MCU, don't worry about it.:)

The error code F6E1 is always a bad MCU, I have replaced many of these same MCU's and it ALWAYS fixes the washers I work on in my local area.

F6E1=COMMUNICATION ERROR BETWEEN CCU AND MCU--->Communication between the Central Control Unit and the MCU has not been detected.

I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

Possible Causes
• Check door switch operation. Faulty switch may interfere with power to MCU.
• Check drive system for worn or faulty components.
• Verify continuity in cable between CCU (MI3 & MS2) and MCU. See wiring diagram on page 22.
• See TEST #1 (CCU Power Check) on page 13.
• See TEST #3 (Motor Circuit) on page 15.

Here's the MCU for your model, in case others need it too:
WPW10374126 Motor Control Board

Jake

Attachments

• Tech-Sheet-W10441081.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.