Status
Not open for further replies.

pawprint2104

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW94HEXW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Two days ago, my washer displayed the F06 E01 code. I disassembled the machine and followed the Tech Manual. Learned and used the Quick Diagnostics in the unit. I checked the connections. Tested the Interference Filter and got ~4 volts at the in and out, which accordingly should have line voltage of 120v? Additionally, it seems as if the door lock switch may be the culprit. It locks, but then won't unlock.

So, I don't know if I have multiple issues, or if the darn door switch is the real problem.

After some work on the unit, I received different codes, F06 E02, F05 E02, F05 E01. I'm trying to avoid spending a bunch of $$$ or replacing expensive parts that don't need replacing.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The power cord goes through the noise filter. You should have 120 VAC in and out. Am I missing something with the 4V?

pawprint2104

Premium Member
The power cord goes through the noise filter. You should have 120 VAC in and out. Am I missing something with the 4V?
Ok, so if the Interference Filter is the problem, it appears to be part of the CCU. Does this mean I have to spend $$$ to replace the entire CCU. Also, are the codes I'm getting making sense?

And, I wonder if correctly tested the Interference filter. I removed the pink lead to it. Placed one lead (from the multimeter) on the output terminal, the other lead on the base of the machine. And, did the same for the input terminal.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Rick is out of town today.

I'd first ohm test the line filter for continuity, its located underneath your top panel.

Here is the online repair manual for the Duet: Dropbox - Duet Job Aid.pdf
On Page 5-5 it tells you how to test the line filter.

Here's the line filter for your model you can order if needed:
WPW10367632 Filter

Usually its your MCU that's bad when you get this F06 EO1 error code. Unplug your machine from the wall and take the MCU out and look for burnt spots on it.

Here's another thread with a similar model number that had the same error code: FIXED: WFW94HEXR2 - Help Multiple Errors

And you can see what David and I said, so I'd check your MCU for any burnt spots on it first. If you do find burnt spots on it, and your line filter does not have continuity, then its likely you had a power surge and blow them both out.

Here's the MCU for your model you can order, when you click the link to it you will see many others that had this same F6E1 and it fixed theirs:
WPW10374126 Motor Control Board

Its less expensive here, plus you get $60 CASH BACK when you ship your old one back:
Motor Control Board WPW10374126

Let us know what you find.

Jake

pawprint2104

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for the link to the other thread, sounds nearly identical to my washer. I inspected the MCU the first day and didn't find any burnt spots (nor did I detect any burnt smells), but I'll re-inspect and replace as needed.

This is a great site. Thanks for all the helpful information.

pawprint2104

Premium Member
Also, here's the Service Book supplied with my machine. It mentions the Interference Filter, not the Noise Filter, to be tested. I tested the Interference Filter, as mentioned above. And, moments ago (after reading the replies) located and tested the Noise Filter (117.7v and ~10.7v respectively, on both terminals). FullSizeRender.jpg So, I think the Noise Filter is ok?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, because it just says "IF VOLTAGE IS PRESENT" it doesn't say what the voltage should be. So the Interference Filter should be fine.

--->Verify continuity in cable between CCU (MI3 & MS2) and MCU. See wiring diagrams on pages 23–24.

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z6fBsKlBfF8EQ09xOFfHmx24qlfd3w0W

Jake

pawprint2104

Premium Member
Aha! Yeah, it said "line voltage", so I just presumed that meant 120v. I am very happy then I can rule out the Interference Filter. Thanks, I'll check the cable between CCU (MI3 & MS2) and MCU.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, let us know what you find.

Jake

pawprint2104

Premium Member
Ok, so I have continuity on both the power and communication cabless (mcu to ccu). Here's a pic of my MCU . I don't see any burned spots. Scratching my head.

IMG_9641.jpg

pawprint2104

Premium Member
Wellllll, I hate to say, but I've been "bested" by this machine. I went through the book and tested every component that seems suspect (door latch assembly, mcu, Drain pump, all cables, etc.) I cannot identify the broken component. I'm going to start replacing parts, starting with the CCU. I take this as a defeat. Going to order the part and drink a beer.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

pawprint2104

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake. I already ordered the CCU, it should be here tomorrow. They have an excellent return policy. If the CCU doesn't fix it, my next part will be the MCU, followed by the UI, then the door assembly.

I think I would be less frustrated with myself, if my repair area was bigger. I had to do it in place in the tiny laundry room. Since the machine is so big, it couldn't clear the dryer, so I had to "Superman" myself over the top each time I needed to access the rear of the machine. And then, I had a 3x3 foot area to work in. After the multiple jumps, I plan on trying out for the Olympics as a high jumper :p Or, maybe I could join the circus as a contortionist :p

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yuppers, I know the feeling, it sucks not having much room to work.:)

I've been in super tight places before when I worked at Wards and Sears, thank God I was 20 years younger, I couldn't do it now.:)

Jake

pawprint2104

Premium Member
AARRRGGHHHH! I received the replacement CCU, installed it, wire for wire, but still getting error code. I'll move on to the MCU and order that.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the MCU will likely fix it.:)

Jake

pawprint2104

Premium Member
Lol, yep it was the MCU. Good golly Molly!

Thanks for your help Jake! I'm running my first load as I type this.

Roxanne

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Roxanne, glad to hear the MCU fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

I'm closing your thread as FIXED!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.