WFW94HEXW2 Whirlpool Duet top load Washer Error Codes F06 E01, F08

MaryE

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW94HEXW2
Brand
Whirlpool
Purchased new from lows or home depot at lease 6 years ago.

Problem started with the door lock not opening. Now it won't run ie. wont add water.
Ran diagnostic test where you press 3 buttons 3 times within 8 seconds and got the following codes. F06 E01 and F08

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm new on here so hopefully I can somehow find your replies.
Mary

MaryE

Premium Member
Oops can't edit my post. Should have been titled
Front load Whirlpool washer" from Lowes WFW94HEXW2

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Usually its your MCU that's bad when you get this error code. Unplug your machine from the wall and take the MCU out and look for burnt spots on it.

Here's another thread with a similar model number that had the same error code: FIXED: WFW94HEXR2 - Help Multiple Errors

And you can see what David and I said, so I'd check your MCU for any burnt spots on it first.

Here's the MCU for your model you can order, when you click the link to it you will see many others that had this same F6E1 and it fixed theirs:
WPW10374126 Motor Control Board

Its less expensive here, plus you get $60 CASH BACK on your credit card when you ship your old one back:
Motor Control Board WPW10374126

Jake

MaryE

Premium Member
Thanks

Thanks for the help. That's what we thought the MCU. We just put it at the curb and bought a new machine. By the time we pay bought parts for a 8 year old machine it was better to just get a new one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Mary, sounds good.

Thanks for the update!

Jake