• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WFW94HEXW2 Whirlpool Duet Washer- Replaced door lock and CCU still getting F5E1 codes- HELP!

RocTim

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW94HEXW2
Brand
Whirlpool
I have model WFW94HEXW2 front load washer. Error code F5E1. I replaced the door lock and the CCU and still get the error code. I paid a repair person $80. to tell me it was the CCU- I purchased a replacement, installed and still can't get it to go beyond the CO3 diagnostic test. I'm stumped. thoughts?

thanks all..

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Screenshot 2022-08-06 09.50.22.png

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below. First clear the fault code/codes and try again.

Page 7 Clearing Fault Codes
To clear fault codes, enter Service Diagnostic mode. Then press and hold the 3rd button used to enter Service Diagnostic mode for 5 seconds. Once the fault codes are successfully erased, the seven segment display will show “888”.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10254474.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 49

RocTim

Premium Member
Thanks Jake- I've been through all that. My LED display on the UI has portions of numbers and letters missing and it may be actually be
F6E1 error. I've replaced the CCU but I can not get the diagnostic check to get beyond C00. I've ordered a new MCU and hope that's the problem. I can't imagine having a CCU go bad and then buy another that's bad in the exact same way!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.