• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WFW9550WR00 Whirlpool Washer - Stops mid cycle, no codes, just flashing time remaining.

willisxdc

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW9550WR00
Brand
Whirlpool
Have searched this, and other forums, and so far not found same issue. Similar but not same.
Whirlpool Duet Steam WFW9550WR00 front load.
Washer starts normally, runs 10 or so minutes then stops. Time remaining flashes but no code displayed.
In normal cycle, seems to fail between 41 - 33 min remaining.
Door remains locked.
Pause/Cancel shuts off power. (This has me scratching my head, I don't remember that being right.)
Press pause again - press power and display comes back normal but door remains locked.
Pause button still shuts of power. Any other button results in beeps but no action.
Unplug - manually unlock door - wait 5 - plug in.
Power on and select 'Normal'. Startup is as expected and runs through cycle... sometimes successfully, sometimes to the same failure as above.
Has done this off and on for almost 1 year. Sometimes numerous loads and weeks with no problem. Thought it was just due to numerous power outages in our area this year. Usually a good unplugging smartens it up.
This Wed put in a load. Failed at 33 min remaining. Numerous attempts to get it back on track failed. Finally managed to get it to do a drain/spin cycle. Removed the clothes and have been troubleshooting since. Cannot get a full cycle.
The one time I got the Drain/Spin to work pump sounded good and it drained quickly. No imbalance/noise or vibration notable.
Few years back had a pump obstruction and was shown a code on the display. Would be nice if it would talk to me again.

Ready for some suggestions.

willisxdc

Premium Member
Ran through diagnostic. (Remembered, after typing last message, that the previous failure code did not just appear. I had to go into the diag to find it.) Got a "slow drain" fault code, x3 and x1 door switch fault ( I am pretty sure that was me pushing start at one point, forgetting to close the door, while troubleshooting.)

Cleaned drain, nothing significant to note.
Checked boot for obstructions, none found.
Checked pump impellor, clear.
Checked drain hose, clear.

Self Diagnostic ran without error.

Ran through a quick wash with empty washer. Successful.
Currently waiting for the towels I used when cleaning the drain to go through a "Normal" cycle. Passed the point of previous failures.

Having not found any issues and yet seemingly successful in 'repairing' the washer leaves me with an uneasy feeling that I am not done with this.