• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WFW95HEDW0 Whirlpool Duet Washer, Started with E01 F09, Now E01 F03. Model WFW95HEDW0

ezdrocks

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW95HEDW0
Brand
Whirlpool
I have the Whirlpool WFW95HEDW0 washer. Sunday night was doing a load of Rugs and got the E01 F09 error code. I looked that up and found some good information on here. I removed the drain pump filter and found a sock and some change in there. Cleaned the filter, and put back in. I did diagnostics and cleared the codes.

I tried doing the diagnostics and pressed 2nd button to go into test mode. then pressed play. I did C00 door lock/pump test. Door locked, unlocked, locked again, and I listened for the pump...nothing.
OK, Pump is bad...so I thought. Removed the pump, tested it on my work bench by supplying 120vac to it. Pump spun fine.
OK, Possibly bad circuit board. Put volt meter on the pump supply wires and initiated C00 test again...when it got to lock, unlock, lock, TEST PUMP, I was reading 122vac on the pump wires.

Huh...weird. So I re-connected the pump to the wires and did C00 again. this time the pump spun...GREAT!!

Put it all back together. do another C00. I can hear the pump turning (no water in the tub). I move on to C02 (add water to the tub). Then stop diagnostic, re-enter diagnostic, and do C00 again. PUMP WORKS...GOOD FLOW OUT OF DRAIN LINE!!! YES!!!.

I had to do C00 a couple of times to completely drain the tub, and it works each time. Excellent, It works. I'm a hero.

This afternoon, just to verify everything, I add an Allfresh tab, and start the cleaning cycle. DUN DUN DUN!!!, Now I have error code E01 F03. I have water stuck in the drum. Great. I initiate a C00...no pump.

Please help. Do I replace the pressure switch? I blew in the hose, didn't seem blocked. I cleared the error messages and tried again, still no pump. Is it the bulb thing?

Thanks. EZD

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
F3E1=PRESSURE SWITCH / PRESSURE SENSOR ERROR
The CCU detects an out of range pressure signal. The use of analog pressure sensor or digital pressure switch is model dependent, but the procedure to detect this error does not change.
Possible Causes
• Check pressure hose connection from tub to pressure sensor. Is hose pinched, kinked, plugged, or leaking air?
• See TEST #7 (Pressure Sensor/Switch).

Locate your tech. data sheet underneath the top panel of your washer and do TEST #7.

Here's the water level pressure switch for your model:
Pressure Switch WPW10448876

I was at a customers house in Blythe, CA. and had this exact same error code and I cleaned out their air dome and blow through the pressure switch hose after I was done and they haven't called back since.

Here's the air dome for your model(Video is included in this part link to remove and replace it):
Air Dome W10903220

Look at what these members did as well to fix theirs:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

ezdrocks

Premium Member
Jake,

I had already seen the forums and the replies. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help. I felt like the problem had something to do with the pump as the C00 diagnostic only turned on the pump 1/3 times. I ordered a new pump AND a new pressure switch and they came in last night. I changed them out this morning and that seems to have done the trick. I did the C00 Diagnostic and the pump came on first try.

I did a small load with no detergent and no clothes, just to see if it would complete the cycle, and it did. I then did a small load of towels and it completed the cycle. After that I moved the towels to the dryer and did a normal sized load of clothes and have had no problems. Fingers crossed it doesn't come back like it did for some others. Thanks again for your help. Sunday is laundry day here so I'll do the rest (probably 3-4 more loads) tomorrow and see how she handles. I also went ahead and cleaned behind the washer and dryer. Damn those things get dirty.

EZD

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member