• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WGD5200VQ0 Whirlpool Dryer Timer Issue

kclement16

Premium Member
Model Number
WGD5200VQ0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

I have a Whirlpool model WGD5200VQ0 dryer and my original issue was it would not start. I determined it was the timer (model M460-G, FSP number 8299765), ordered a new timer (model M460-G, FSP number 3979617) from RepairClinic saying this was the correct replacement, and now my dryer starts.

My current issue is the timer does not advance. I had a second (same model) timer shipped to me from RepairClinic and it was the same issue. Does this indicate that there is another bad part? I purchased then returned a starter relay as this did not fix my start issue. I don't believe it has anything to do with the door switch or thermal fuse. Does the temperature selector play into this? Some of the resistance values weren't matching a video I saw online, but I don't know exactly what they should be for this model.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Kyle

kclement16

Premium Member
Correct, that is the part I ordered two of from RepairClinic. I was talking about whatever the FSP stamped number is right on the sticker of the timer. Here's two pictures of the original timer and the new timer showing the difference in FSP numbers:

Attachments

• Original Timer.jpeg
    Original Timer.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 39
  • New Timer.jpeg
    New Timer.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 37

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
So you're saying both these timers are from new from repair clinic? Both have different part numbers and the right part number is posted in my last post. Call them up and read them the part number on the timer. Both part number come up as different Timers!

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Here is your wiring digram for your Model!

Attachments

• WGD5200VQ0 Wiring Sheet-8576817-Rev F.pdf
    109 KB · Views: 42

kclement16

Premium Member
No, sorry for the confusion! The original one titled Original Timer with FSP #8299765 was the one I took out. The installed one titled New Timer with FSP #3979617 is the replacement that RepairClinic sent me two of, part number WP8299765. When you scroll to the bottom of that part number's page on the RepairClinic website, it says it replaces 8299765, which is that FSP number of the original. So I believe it is the correct replacement part.

Thanks for the diagram. I have the original in the control panel. I've done a few basic things but am not the best at troubleshooting these things. I don't know what the next part to check would be (after the starter push button, thermal overload, temp switch, door switch).

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
@kclement16 I Just got off the phone with Repair Clinic and you got the wrong Part. I gave them your model number and they came up with WP8299765. Told them your story and they said to give them a call and your Order Number! That other part does not cross over he said!!!!

kclement16

Premium Member
That makes perfect sense. It was in front of me the whole time, just seems like miscommunication in the part numbers! Geez, sorry for wasting your time and I appreciate the help! I will let you know how this goes.

kclement16

Premium Member
That was it, wrong part. They had the dryer model down wrong, so we got it all worked out. Thanks a lot for the help!