• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

What dryer can I stack on my Danby washer?

pdr51

Premium Member
Model Number
DCD5505W-1
Brand
Hi there:

I have had a stacked 24" Danby washer/dryer set for the last eight years. (Model #'s: Dryer - DCD5505W-1, Washer - DWM5500W-1). The dryer recently stopped working. I tried both a DIY repair and a technician, but have determined that I definitely need to replace the dryer.

My main question is whether I need to replace the washer too....

I have received inconsistent advice on this. The folks from Home Depot told me that if I get a new dryer, it will walk right of the washer during operation. They also told me that the stacking kits are not universal and would not work on dryers/washers of separate brands. The technician told me that I could just buy a 24" dryer and rig something up with a stacking kit or secure it to the wall.

So what do you guys think? Do I need a new washer too? And, if not, which dryer (and stacking kit) should I buy to maximize compatibility with the washer and minimize the risk of the dryer falling off the washer?

Additional facts to know:
* Danby no longer manufacturers dryers
* There is no stacking kit on the current set up, just rubber feet on the bottom of the dryer.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Phil

pdr51

Premium Member
Awww man. This was not the response I was hoping for, but thank you nonetheless.