• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

What dryer can I stack on my Danby washer?

pdr51

Premium Member
Model Number
DCD5505W-1
Brand
Hi there:

I have had a stacked 24" Danby washer/dryer set for the last eight years. (Model #'s: Dryer - DCD5505W-1, Washer - DWM5500W-1). The dryer recently stopped working. I tried both a DIY repair and a technician, but have determined that I definitely need to replace the dryer.

My main question is whether I need to replace the washer too....

I have received inconsistent advice on this. The folks from Home Depot told me that if I get a new dryer, it will walk right of the washer during operation. They also told me that the stacking kits are not universal and would not work on dryers/washers of separate brands. The technician told me that I could just buy a 24" dryer and rig something up with a stacking kit or secure it to the wall.

So what do you guys think? Do I need a new washer too? And, if not, which dryer (and stacking kit) should I buy to maximize compatibility with the washer and minimize the risk of the dryer falling off the washer?

Additional facts to know:
* Danby no longer manufacturers dryers
* There is no stacking kit on the current set up, just rubber feet on the bottom of the dryer.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Phil

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

JMO!
New washer and dryer time.

jeff.

pdr51

Premium Member
Awww man. This was not the response I was hoping for, but thank you nonetheless.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for the bad news!

jeff.