What Year and Model Number is this Kenmore Stove?

davidhunternyc

Premium Member
I have been searching long and hard to find a new all-gas range for my small NYC kitchen. My current Premier Gas Stove is now 20 years old and is falling apart. I really wanted to get a modern stove but with the small doorways in my prewar apartment, my choices are limited.

I settled on getting a new Bertazzoni or Fisher & Paykel but guess what? They both have logic boards that must be cooled with cooling fans... and those cooling fans are noisy. So how on earth am I going to get a stove without a cooling fan? BlueStar makes stoves without cooling fans but, again, they're too wide to fit through my door openings.

So now I am back to getting another Premier, newer model of course, sealed burners, but without that wow factor that I want or, perhaps, get a vintage stove. I don't really like the older O'Keefe & Merritt stoves that everyone else loves but I just saw this 1960's era Kenmore stove on the internet. Can anyone tell me what year it was made and what model number it is?

Also, if anyone else can suggest a 36 inch wide all-gas range that does not have a cooling fan, please leave your suggestions here. Much appreciated.

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I need the model number and the serial number off the model tag on the range. Common places are under the drip pans on the top of the oven, Open the oven doors and look around the jamb on the frame. The model number will look like xxx.XXXXXXXX.

davidhunternyc

Premium Member
rickgburton - I found this picture on the internet. I don't know the model number. Like used cars, there has to be someone out there with a gently used restored vintage stove that has had a change of heart and wants to sell it. I'm in the market and I love these 60's vintage stoves more than the typical vintage stoves from the 50's. If you know where I can look, please let me know. Thanks.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I would just do an internet search. Key words: Antique/Vintage range for sale.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
There are several companies that refurbish old classic appliances. Check under "Restoration" in the 'Appliance Links' section of my web site:

LINK > Appliance411: Appliance Links

Otherwise you might have to search eBay or Craigslist, etc. for models being sold.

Dan O.