• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whilrlpool GH9185XLQ0 Microwave Loss of Heating Power

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Customer service says to go look at some on display to see if its the norm and report back! They don't know?
Odd! :confused:

jeff.

gapi

Premium Member
Success!

I ordered the one in stock you put up. I had to cut off 3/4" from the long edge.
When I pulled the OE off it was hard to get a corner. When I did it came off with an easy loud rip. No residue was left on the door. Nice!

She is now clear as glass.

Maybe they applied too much pressure or vacuum to attach! What the heck were they thinking?

IMG_20160109_120225.jpg

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
WOW...what a difference!!

jeff.

gapi

Premium Member
Just making sure you know, you are looking at the bad film only in the pic. Tha camera focused on the film and blinds. The new film is not in the pic.
The new film is crystal clear.

I sent a picture to GE/Hotpoint expressing the poor customer experience I suffered and the trouble and expense it would have been to return the oven. And the transcripts of the rep telling me to go look at others in stores.
Maybe they wil send me a million dollars....... heh!