WHIRLPOOL ACCUBAKE - Bake element not heating up

JHUTCHINS

Model Number
RBS245PDB12
Brand
Whirlpool
I have an Accubake model# RBS245PDB12 electric built in wall oven. The broil element glows red, but the bake element only gets warm to touch it will not get to the set temperature. Do you know what it could be?:confused:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its either the bake element has gone bad, or the control board is bad.

Here's the control board for your model:
Manufacturer's Number: 8186024

You can ohm the bake element with an ohm meter, normal ohms would be anywhere between 11-50 ohms. Make sure your breaker is off to your oven first.

You may be able to pull the bake element with the wires attached out enough from the inside of your oven, without pulling your complete oven of the wall. Then you just disconnect 1 wire from the bake element and do the ohm test.

Here's the bake element for your model you can order if yours is bad:
Manufacturer part number WPW10207397

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Jason,

Then it has to be the control board.

You said the bake element would just get warm? it wasn't cold or room temperature?

Jake

JHUTCHINS

Jake,

That is correct, the bake element would only get warm; it would never glow red. Also, there is a heat light on the display that you can see momentarily when you press start, but it would never come on and/or stay on. Like I stated earlier, the broiler element will get red hot, but the bake element only gets warm to touch not even enough to melt butter. What do ya' think? Control Board?

Thanks,

Jason

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Jason,

The new control board will fix it for you.:)

Do you know how to access the control board?

Jake

JHUTCHINS

Jake,

Thanks for the information and the link to the new control board. I do know how to access the control board, but I cannot remember if it was just plug and play. I will let you know if this fixes the problem.

Thanks, Jason

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
To access inside your control panel open your oven door then take off the side trim#2 here on each side:

I believe it just has one screw on each side holding in the trim, then once the trim is off you will see 2 screws on each side of the bottom of your control panel.

Make sure you turn the breaker off to your oven first.

Jake