• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Brands Best Covered Warranty?

mfish23

Premium Member
Model Number
MFF2558FEZ
Brand
Maytag
First, I must say that this forum is great with lots of advice and helpful information. Thanks to you who help others with their appliance problems. I'm looking to get a french door refrigerator with ice maker in the freezer. I'm thinking of a Maytag, Whirlpool or Kitchenaid. The Kitchenaid has a water dispenser, but otherwise the three are pretty much the same. I'm more interested in what is covered with each brand than what brand name fridge I get. Maytag covers the compressor for 10 years (no labor), while Whirlpool covers the sealed system for 5 years and Kitchenaid through 10 years (no labor years 6-10). For those of you in the field, what components seem to fail the most and would benefit the most from the respective warranties? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
With Maytag, Whirlpool, and KitchenAid its extremely rare to ever see a sealed system/compressor problem.

I would suggest staying away from the dual evaporator models, they seem to be troublesome on these brands.

Other than that they are very reliable.

Jake

mfish23

Premium Member
Jake,

I appreciate the reply. The models I am looking at are Maytag MFF2558FEZ, Kitchenaid KRFF305E, and Whirlpool WRF535SMH. I believe they are all single evaporator and with exception of the Kitchenaid, none have a water dispenser and ice maker in the freezer, which I think will give me less problems.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
All 3 of those models are SINGLE EVAPORATOR models.

So all those would be fine.:)

Jake