• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool cabrio dryer WED8900BC0 will not shut off after cycle

DJR

Premium Member
Model Number
WED8900BC0
Brand
Whirlpool
My whirlpool cabrio dryer model # WED8900BC0 will not shut off after a cycle. The display lights up and the dryer works as it should but when the cycle is finished the display will turn off but the dryer continues to run without any display on the panel. The only way it shuts off is when the door is opened or the power is disconnected. I have done some research online that was pointing to the Thermistor and the moisture sensor I have replaced both parts and the problem still continues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

On page 3 Do--->ACTIVATING SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC MODE then see what error code/codes it gives you.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10403269 - Rev A.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 36

DJR

Premium Member
I have the data sheet that came with the machine, it is showing F1 E1 which seems to be a CCU Problem I will test with volt meter in the morning, Thanks for your assistance I will let you know what I find.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.

F1 E1--->CCU problem--->Verify all connections to and from the CCU.
See TEST #1: CCU Power Check, page 9.

Here's the CCU for your model:
WPW10532428 Cntrl-Elec

Yes, let us know what you find.

Jake

DJR

Premium Member
Found my problem, the power relay was bad, ordered a new part from amazon 10 bucks it is the blue relay in your picture above, thanks for your input. I will remove the old one and install the new relay. If anyone having the same problem it is usually this part, the power relay.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its better to just replace the entire board, because another component on that board made the power relay go bad, so unless you want to order about 10 power relays and have plenty of time on your hands to keep replacing them when they blow, go for it!

I wouldn't, as techs we don't want to keep replacing the same part over and over. We want to do a once and done scenario.:)

Jake