• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer WGD6200SW1 With F2 Code and Not Drying Fully

rbrick

Premium Member
Model Number
WGD6200SW1
Brand
Whirlpool
I recently replaced the wheels which allow turning the drum on my Whirlpool Cabrio model number WGD6200SW1 due to a squeaky sound. That repair worked. However it was then discovered the dry no longer fully dries the clothes. When going through the cycle, the control panel goes through sensing, then wet. Then the lights on that part of the control panel turns off. After running for 45 minutes, the clothing is still wet. We did this with a single towel with those results.

I ran the troubleshooting steps which comes up with an F2. I checked all keys and they all beep or click except the key where you can adjust the heat. It clicks but does not have a beep. The dryer duct and lint trap were checked for blockage. The drum does get hot and I checked the pilot hole to see if there is a flame and there is.

Yesterday, I replaced the Thermistor and it still has the same issue. Also the dryer has been unplugged for a long time and turned back on when I replaced the thermistor but the code is still there. My question is, could the F2 code result in the clothing not drying fully? Also do you know what I may need to do next. Maybe there is a way to troubleshoot the user interface board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
F2--->Keypad/User Interface Failure

Are you having any trouble with the Keypad buttons? That should not effect the drying.

Where you having this drying problem BEFORE you replaced the ROLLERS?

If not, then it sounds like a vent restriction, did you kink the vent exhaust hose when you pushed the dryer back towards the wall?

Jake

rbrick

Premium Member
Thank you for the reply. No key problems that I can tell. Also this problem did not exist prior to replacing the rollers. I know I checked the vent from inside to outside the house and it is blowing out warm air. Do you have any other suggestions as what to check for blockage? As for kinking, I will check on that. However when this first started, I know we did ensure there were no kinks. Kinks could exist now though after I replaced the thermistor.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Warm air? It should be Hot air.:)

Ok, let's take its temperature.

This Multimeter reads temperature, it comes with a probe you put in the dryer door. Just open the dryer door and insert the probe, then close the door and run the dryer with NO CLOTHES in it, and watch the meter. Don't put the probe to far in or it will be hitting the drum as it turns.

Normal dryer cycling temps will be between 120 to 180 degrees.

Jake

rbrick

Premium Member
Checked the vent again. There are not kinks as of now; I moved the dryer forward a bit and repositioned the vent coil so it definitely was not kinked. Also prior to messing with the coil tube, I went outside to the exhaust after turning on the dry and it is blowing nice warm air.

rbrick

Premium Member
I will need to check the temp in the future since I don't have that multimeter nor a thermometer. However, I did run a plumbing snake into the outside vent; I don't think it made it all the way to the dryer since the vent must be over 36 feet to the dryer. What did happen though since I ran the snake while the dryer was on, a very large pile of lint came out. Not tons but a couple of hand fulls. The dryer does seem to be drying a bit better though.

I am washing a load of clothes right now; once done, I will attempt the drying and see what happens. I will post the results here.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I did run a plumbing snake into the outside vent; I don't think it made it all the way to the dryer since the vent must be over 36 feet to the dryer. What did happen though since I ran the snake while the dryer was on, a very large pile of lint came out. Not tons but a couple of hand fulls. The dryer does seem to be drying a bit better though.
Bingo! You nailed it.(y)

Vent restrictions are the number 1 cause of drying problems.:)

Jake