• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum Dryer WED8800YC0 check vent light ON.

Cofresi59

Premium Member
Model Number
WED8800YC0
Brand
Whirlpool
Recently my Whirlpool dryer's check vent light is on during normal mode not during timed mode. The dryer is working fine, it heats the clothes normally, I replaced the vent hose and had the duct cleaned professionally by an HVAC company, cleaned the dryer front and back from all the lint, and even cleaned the moisture sensor with rubbing alcohol like it was mentioned on a post in this forum. Do you have any idea which sensor could be causing the light to go on? Is odd because as I mentioned, the clothes come out dry and the light doesn't go on when I use a manual setting. Any suggestion or assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Pull the dryer out from the wall, then remove the exhaust vent hose from the back of the dryer, and run a AUTO-DRY cycle and see if it still comes on.

Leave the dryer pulled out while doing this, and LET the air/heat just go into the laundry room just as a TEST.:)

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10403269 - Rev A.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Cofresi59

Premium Member
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my posting. I followed your instructions and the light came back on about three minutes after the cycle began. I was hoping it wouldn't go on but it did. This has to me some sort of sensor that is making the light go on, but which one?

Cofresi59

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Thank you very much for providing me with the Tech Sheet, it was very helpful. I activated the Service Diagnostic Mode as per the tech sheet and came out with an F4E3 error code, which means basically that either the exhaust duct, lint screen, or exhaust fan are blocked. The duct and the screen are cleaned so the only thing left to check is the exhaust fan. Is there a way to clean the exhaust fan without having to take it out of the dryer?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you do this yet:
Pull the dryer out from the wall, then remove the exhaust vent hose from the back of the dryer, and run a AUTO-DRY cycle and see if it still comes on.

Leave the dryer pulled out while doing this, and LET the air/heat just go into the laundry room just as a TEST.:)

Here's the blower wheel for your model:
WP8544737 Blower Wheel

When you click the link to your blower wheel there is a HOW TO video there to show you how to take your dryer apart to access it.

Jake

Cofresi59

Premium Member
I took apart the dryer to get to the exhaust fan, cleaned up all the lint in the dryer, took apart the exhaust blower cleaned it, and put everything back and the light still came on two minutes after the auto cycle started. I don't know what else could it be. The dryer and the exhaust vents are completely cleaned from lint what could be wrong?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd.

But did you do what I said to do?

Jake

Cofresi59

Premium Member
I totally agree is very odd, I did exactly what you said to do and the light came in exactly at 36 minutes into the cycle that began at 38 minutes. There is no lint in the dryer as of now, besides those three places(exhaust hose, lint trap and exhaust blower) where else can lint cause this issue? Is there another sensor that is triggering this light?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange, I don't know what else would be causing this problem.

Its best to contact Whirlpool at 1-866-698-2538 to come out and see what's going on.

Jake