• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum Washer WTW8900BC0 Bearing Kit

a235301

Model Number
WTW8900BC0
Brand
Whirlpool
I have the part number W10435302 as the replacement bearing kit. But I have some concern that I saw a response on one of the online parts shop that you had to buy a new outer tub because this part doesn't fit the Cabrio Platinum washer. But everywhere else they claim this is the correct replacement part. Further, had a repair guy come in and look at it and he said the tub needed replacement. But he claimed the tub was damaged(it's not, he was being lazy because the bolt wouldn't come off to get at the hub). The two symptoms I am having is that I was getting the Ul(unbalanced load error) and of course, the jet engine takeoff sound. I replaced the suspension springs first. No help on the Ul code. Then I replaced the hub and the Ul error has gone away. Now I want to replace the bearings so I can get rid of the noise on spin cycle. This will be the second bearings replacement on this unit(repair guy did first a couple of years ago). Want to do it myself this time and save myself a couple hundred bucks.

Anyway, trying to verify if there's a problem with this bearing kit and it won't fit a Cabrio Platinum washer.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's the bearings that's the cause of that noise.

We only recommend OEM parts per the manufacturer for safety and liability reasons.

Look at what a aftermarket ICE MAKER did to their refrigerator:

Here's the OEM Bearing and Tub Seal Kit:
W10435302 Bearing and Tub Seal Kit

Here's the OEM Bearing and Seal Tool:
Bearing Driver W10447783

Jake

lowreyry

Did you end up successfully fixing this with kit or did you have to replace the entire outer tub? I’m running into the same dilemma! Might as well buy a new machine if it’s the outer tub.