• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Cabrio WTW7800XW0 louder than normal during final spin

sprtfan

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW7800XW0
Brand
Whirlpool
My wife said that the washer was much louder during the final spin than normal. Also, said it sounded wrong during the wash cycles when it would spin. She described it as clunky or scrappy if that is of any use. I'll link a video to the final spin just as it is finishing. We have 3 kids and it is baseball/softball season and her main worry is it stopping working completely/or damaging to further by continued use. Please let me know if you can hear anything from the video that could indicate what is wrong. I can also post other videos of it spinning during different stages in the wash cycle as well if it would be helpful. Thanks

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, I heard it, that's your tub bearing making that noise.

There is a kit for this now that comes with complete instructions and a "HOW TO" video in both part links below:

Outer tub and drive shaft repair kit:
Tub Seal and Bearing Kit W10435302

You will also need the Bearing and seal tool:
Bearing Driver W10447783

Jake

Attachments

• Service Flash Cabrio Oasis Whirlpool Washer Bearing Tool-Kit.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 233

sprtfan

Premium Member
Thanks, I thought that might be the case from reading some of the other threads. Nice to know for sure though. Just need to decide if I want to tackle it myself or not. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help.:)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.