Whirlpool cabrio WTW8500DC Tub Banging off the sides

LKiblin2012

Premium Member
Yes. It doesn't with any side load unless I take and perfectly even it out every time the spin cycle starts.

LKiblin2012

Premium Member
Even when I do get it to go after manually balancing it out after each cycle, it still spins sloppy and loose and does not reach maximum speed and the clothes still come out semi-soaked. When I tested it while empty it ran almost perfectly though. It will be ok when it starts to spin, then when it hits 23/22 minutes remaining (when spin speed accelerates before rinse cycle) and when it hits 7 minutes remaining (when spin speed accelerates on final spin) it starts to go crazy.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
.....tried an empty load. It didn't bang off the sides, but it still spins sloppy...... it still spins sloppy and loose and does not reach maximum speed
Give me a better description of sloppy and sloppy and loose. Run the service diagnostic cycle and check for error codes. From this point forward only run the machine with an empty tub, no clothes.

LKiblin2012

Premium Member
I tried to enter the diagnostics calibration test part of the washer and it will say 888 for 5 seconds and then then code F0,E3 will appear and not allow me to enter diagnostics.

- - - Updated - - -

I have tried letting the washer sit for 10 minutes untouched to see at the code will go away and then when I try the diagnostics menu again it is there again. I have tried unplugging the washer and letting it sit for 5 minutes and it still won't reset.

- - - Updated - - -

As soon as I figure out how to do this I will do a video of an entire cycle with the washer one empty load and one full load so you can see exactly what I mean.

LKiblin2012

Premium Member
I looked at the error codes and it says that F0, E3 can mean an oversized load or Mechanical friction on drive mechanism or basket (items between basket and tub).

When we took the washer apart yesterday I looked between the inner and outer tub around the sides and did not see anything between there at all. I'm wondering if maybe on the bottom side between inner and outer tub? Of so, how would I access that area?

LKiblin2012

Premium Member
Ok I figured out the diagnostic, I ran #052 and that was ok. I cant get the spin #010-012 to work.

I'm also getting an F2, E1 error code which shows UI stuck button... Indicates that the user interface is detecting that a button is continuously activated. ?

Uploading videos now.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Take the drip pan out, screw the legs all the way in and level the washer. Problem solved.
rickgburton said:
From this point forward only run the machine with an empty tub, no clothes.

Washer test with a full load
I didn't watch any of these videos