• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Cooktop GLT3057RB05 two control knobs don't work

klinsn

Premium Member
Model Number
GLT3057RB05
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi, I have some issues with bottom left and top right control knobs, they can't start igniter. I can confirm all four igniters are clicking, you can see the sparks at all 4 burners when igniting with the other two knobs; gas is fine as i can use a lighter to use the burner. Basically these two knobs can't ignite, any help would be appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So what you are saying is with bottom left and top right control knobs, is when you turn them ON you hear clicking but see no spark?

Jake

klinsn

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply! When I turn them on, no click no spark, but the other two knobs can spark normally all burners including these two.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, got it!

Its POSSIBLY the spark module OR both burner switches went out, that's what makes the spark on each burner to light the flame.

Use a voltmeter and at the spark module put your meter probes on L and N and watch the meter for 120 volts when you turn on those 2 burner knobs that don't work.

All 4 BURNER switches/KNOBS send 110-120 volts AC to the spark module. Power tested there but no spark should be new spark module time...

Here's the spark module for your model:
WPW10110491

This video gives you the general idea of how to access the spark module:

Jake

klinsn

Premium Member
Thanks a lot, this helps tremendously! I figured most likely harnes wire needs to be replaced, as when I exchange the switch, knob worked again! Ordered the part we will see!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes keep us posted after you replace it.

Here it is for your model, in case others need it too:
whirlpool-harness-switch-4-wp4456905-ap6009510_01_l.jpg

Jake