• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Dishwasher DU1055XTSS3 not always draining

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimMc1984

Premium Member
Model Number
DU1055XTSS3
Brand
Whirlpool
My Whirlpool dishwasher (DU1055XTSS3 or "Quiet Partner I") does not always drain the water at lints when it should be doing so. It appears that it will often not drain after the first part of the cycle, which I'll call the pre-wash even though I know it is supposed to drain and then refill. I don't hear it try to drain (the distinctive pump sound of water draining is not present). This will also sometimes occur at the end of the cycle when the "Clean" light illuminates and I find water still in the bottom of the dishwasher after opening the door. In these cases, I can close the dishwasher and press the "Cancel/Drain" button and the water will drain out as it should.

I am a bit stumped. Given that the problem is happening inconsistently, I am not sure if I should try to replace the drain pump or if there could be another issue. There are no other noticeable problems with the dishwasher.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jim,

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10348269

I'd first check your voltage with a multimeter at the drain pump electrical terminal wires, it should be 120 volts at the drain pump when its in the drain cycle. If you get 120 volts and the drain pump isn't running, then its bad.

When you click the part link to the drain pump you will see a video of how to access it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jim, glad to hear the new drain pump fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.