• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher DU1345XTVQ2 normal light flashing, but both keypad and control board test fine

Mattrick

Premium Member
Model Number
DU1345XTVQ2
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello everyone. At first this dishwasher had erratic behavior like randomly switching lights without user input, all lights coming on, different lights flashing, and stopping mid cycle.

I opened it up and noticed that capacitor C132 on the control board was bulged and had leaked fluid. I replaced it with one I had laying around to determine if anything else needs to be replaced. It has the right specs, but I'm not sure if it is a good capacitor as it is several years old. It passes the resistance test on a DMM - you get a reading at first, then it rises and eventually reads OL. When separated and connected to a 9v battery, it reads around 6 V when released then slowly discharges, so I guess it's fine.

I also tried different key combinations to reset the washer, it seems like "heated dry, normal, heated dry, normal" was the only one that worked.

Since replacing the cap and resetting, the only problems I get are stopping mid-cycle and flashing just the Normal light.

I've performed two tests in the tech sheet which gave conflicting results. It says that this is caused by either a short in the keypad or in the control board's input lines that read the keys. The first test it directs me to is to unplug the keypad from the control board and power on. The drain turns on, which means the control board is OK and I should "check or replace the keypad"

But when I do their test to check the keypad by testing its pins with a DMM set to measure diodes, everything tests OK and the tech sheet says to replace the control board. This result, plus being unsure about the capacitor, and therefore the board, is making me uneasy about paying so much for a control panel because I haven't seen these issues in other "normal light blinking" threads.

So looking for some guidance on what's going on here and what I should try replacing first. The door switches seem to test fine on the DMM and I don't see anything else visibly faulty. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its the control panel keypad assembly that's bad. I've replaced hundreds of these in the last 34 years and it always fixes it.

Here's the white one for your model:

Here's a example from another member:

Jake

Mattrick

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake. How long do people wait to receive out of stock items from appliance parts sites like that? It seems like they will just keep pushing back the delivery date.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It can take awhile at times, covid-19 didn't help any either.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Possibly yes.

I don't work at AppliancePartsPros, I just refer people to them, so its best to ask them.

Jake

Mattrick

Premium Member
Are most newer washer parts in stock while most parts for washers this old (I saw 2007 on the control board) out of stock?

Robert4

Premium Member
I did some checking on Kenmore/Whirlpool/Kitchenaid dishwasher parts for current models. A lot of control boards and panels are on backorder for current models too. Some say just one left in stock. They have had supply chain and production and/or delivery delays due to the pandemic.

If you give me the serial number I can tell you when the dishwasher manufactured.