• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher GU2200XTSS3 stuck after wash cycle

ghartford

Premium Member
Model Number
GU2200XTSS3
Brand
Whirlpool
My dishwasher appears to run the wash cycle completely but at what i believe is the end of the wash cycle it empties and will not advance to the drying cycle. There is a low motor groan that remains in the bottom front left corner. I have checked the filter and chopper/screen

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Let's check the OWI soil sensor first.

Here's the tech. data sheet for this model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzvgAyLTSh14cS1wb2liNnlwakk

OWI soil sensor is possibly picking high soil cycle too often.

Run Service Diagnostics to check present operation of OWI soil sensor and force a calibration to occur during the next regular wash cycle.

Under SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE NOTES --->Its in NOTE 6

Do you notice too many suds in the water when you open the door?

You may want to remove the OWI soil sensor and clean the lens on it, another member did that and it fixed this problem, Watch the video below to access it.

Here's the OWI soil sensor for your model:
Turbidity Sensor WPW10705575

Jake

ghartford

Premium Member
Jake
Many thanks for the reply. The OWI sensor was quite covered in residue; so it has been cleaned.
Ill be honest I have read this diagnostic manual and I struggle to read this chart to know what I am looking for or when as my model only has LEDs. Running a test load now to see how it fairs.

Last edited:

ghartford

Premium Member
Okay, ran a test cycle and it still gets hung up draining at the end of the first cycle. No suds as you asked previously. Definitely sounds like the chopper and drain motors running. Occasionally they stop but then start right back up. Chopper was replaced within a year and the spring is rusty maybe it’s not making good contact with the gear. Regardless there is no obstruction in the screen

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then it's possibly the main control board.

Usually you will notice burnt components on it when you look at it. Turn the breaker off to your dishwasher first, then remove it and check for any burnt spots on it.

Here's the control board for your model:
Main Control Board WPW10084142

There is a video in the main control board part link that shows you how to remove it to check for burnt spots on it.

Jake

ghartford

Premium Member
No signs of malfunction on the control board.
On this last test cycle I did notice that the soap wasn’t full washed out so it’s not completing a full wash cycle before it gets stuck.

ghartford

Premium Member
The chopper definitely looks in bad shape. There’s a lot of play between the chopper blades and the mesh screen due to the rusted spring (less than a year old) I can imagine when the pump runs it might not be making good contact would that prevent the cycle from continuing? The drain pump still manages to clear the sump

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, well its going to be difficult nailing this problem down just on this forum, I would need to come to your house and run it through a few cycles to investigate further.

Now if a part like the wash motor was completely not working at all, I could help you pin the problem down very easy.

This one is very similar to what yours is doing:

Jake

ghartford

Premium Member
Thanks for your help.
That thread is nearly identical to my experience. Any steps I could take to confirm the OWI sensor is failed before I replace it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Lets ohm test the OWI soil sensor.

To verify the OWI soil sensor is bad, you can ohm test it with a multimeter. It should measure 48K to 52K ohms at room temperature about 77*F.

Turn the breaker off to your dishwasher, then Ohm test it from the circuit between P15-1(yellow wire) and P15-3(yellow wire) on the control board, don't ohm test it from the OWI itself.

Here's the OWI for your model:
WPW10705575 Sensor

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's too low at room temperature.

I'd replace it.

Jake