Whirlpool Dishwasher GU2475XTVB stops during the wash cycle

hallerd

Premium Member
Model Number
GU2475XTVB
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi, I have a Whirlpool GU2475XTVB that stops during the wash cycle. I have to restart it and then it completes the full wash/rinse/dry just fine. Over the last few washes it has stopped 2x during the wash cycle and then completes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

So when it stops like that do the lights shut off too?

Sounds like your control board is going bad.

Turn the power off to your dishwasher and check your control board to see if you notice any burnt components on it. If so, that's definity the problem.

Here's the control board for your model(Video Included):
WPW10285179 Control Board

Let us know what you find.

Jake

hallerd

Premium Member
No the lights don't shut off. The Start/Resume light blinks as if I opened the door mid-cycle. Then when I press Resume it completes the cycle. Should I still check the control board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, that information is good to know about the start resume light blinking.

It could be a short in your keypad causing this problem your having.

To determine if the control board or keypad is faulty, do the following test:

Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control board responds OK.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Here's the black keypad for your model you can order if your drain motor turns on for 2 minutes per that test:
WPW10175239 Panel-Cntl

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

hallerd

Premium Member
Jake, I did the diagnostic test you described above and the drain motor kicked on. So, I am ordering a new keypad. I will post again when the new part comes in and is installed. Thanks. Dave.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Dave, sounds good, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake

hallerd

Premium Member
Well the new keypad came quickly and I installed it yesterday. No change. The problem continues with the new keypad. I also checked the door to make sure it was not opening slightly and thereby tripping the pause. That also made no difference, so I assume I am going to need a new control board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yuppers, new control board time then, that's very strange because per that test it said if the drain motor came on the control board is fine, unless the control board is intermittently working then not working.

Jake

hallerd

Premium Member
Well, here is my report on the installation of the control board. That didn't work either. As soon as I started the wash cycle with the new board it began to pause again. This time I could not get it to finish the cycle without multiple stops/pauses. So, I am officially giving up on this machine and going to a new one. I will return the parts and get a new machine. Thanks for your help. I guess I just have one of those machines that defies repair!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I hate to see you give up, you must have a frayed wire or broken wire then between the control board and the wash motor. Check the wire harness especially down at the bottom of the door where the door bends to open and close.

Jake

hallerd

Premium Member
I hate to give up too. It goes against my nature. I'll check the wiring harness but if that seems fine I will give up on this one. Dave.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Dave, sounds good.

Jake

hallerd

Premium Member
So here's another question, Jake. Will Appliance Parts Pros take back and refund me for the key pad and control board if I send them back? If not, then I am into this machine repair for about $400 and maybe I should see it through. Do you know if they will refund for the parts I bought? Dave.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
They should if you ordered the parts through our links here.

Jake

hallerd

Premium Member
I did. In that case I'll keep working on this if you aren't tired of giving me advice. I am going away this weekend and will check the wiring as you suggested when I return next Tuesday. Assuming there is no frayed wiring, what should I check on after that? Door switch? Something else? D.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Lets ohm test the OWI soil sensor.

To verify the OWI soil sensor is bad, you can ohm test it with a multimeter. It should measure 48K to 52K ohms at room temperature about 77*F.

Turn the breaker off to your dishwasher, then Ohm test it from the circuit between P15-1 and P15-3 on the control board, don't ohm test it from the OWI itself.

Here's the OWI for your model:
WPW10705575 Sensor

Jake