• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher WDF310PAAB5 fills but doesn't wash consistently

cckocher

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF310PAAB5
Brand
Whirlpool
I've found this blog incredibly helpful, but need more help than what I could find. My whirlpool dishwash is about 6-7 years old and has functioned great until lately.

About two weeks ago we noticed that after it filled with water, the pump wasn't circulating water during the wash cycle, leaving all the dishes hot, but dirty. I could hear slight sounds and clicks, when it did this, but no washing.

Based on information that I found here and other sites, I successfully replaced the circulation pump. The washer performed well for a few washes and then started the old symptoms again.

I have now learned how to run a diagnostics cycle. At the start, it gives me the customer error code 7-1, which (according to the accompanying guide) is for a heating error. At the end of the diagnostics cycle, it does not present any service error codes.

However, when I cycle the power to the unit, then run the diagnostics cycle, it seems to run normally for a cycle before repeating the same no-washing issue from before. More specifically, when the wash cycle begins, we hear it start to cycle water, but then it stops and just sits for about 20-30 minutes before continuing, sometimes skipping the wash cycle altogether. Additionally, despite getting a heating error, the heating element is heating up. If I open the door after the unit has filled and been give time to heat up, I find the water level just below the heating element and the element itself very hot.

I am trying not to have to replace the entire unit, but need help. Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If that's the case It sounds like a faulty wash(circulation) motor. When it stops like that after it fills, you can remove the electrical connector that connects to the wash motor, then put your meter leads in each one and watch your meter and it should say 120 volts. If it does and your wash motor is not running, then your wash motor is the culprit.

Look here: FIXED: WDF510PAYSA Whirlpool dishwasher spray arms not spinning

That guy in that thread had the same problem, and his uses this same wash(circulation) motor as your model does. You can also remove it and ohm test it like he did, if you get no continuity then its bad.

Here's the wash(circulation) motor for your model you can order, if needed:
Circulation Motor WPW10510666

For others following your thread--->Video of HOW TO access it/replace it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.