• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher WDF330PAHB2 runs through cycles and drains but fails to drain on final rinse.

alanglazier

Model Number
WDF330PAHB2
Brand
Whirlpool
Our just over 1 year old WDF330PAHB2 dishwasher has suddenly decided not to drain after the final rinse. The completion light comes on at the end of the cycle. We hear and see the draining water into our garbage disposal a couple times during the wash cycle but we end up with water left in the basin. If I press the drain/cancel button when the cycle ends, nothing happens. But if I wait a while (presumably until it is cool), it will drain properly after I press the drain/cancel button. We have checked the hoses and cleaned the filters and such.

My sense is that it is the control board gone awry. But I am not certain. Control boards seem to cost close to $200. Frankly I think I will purchase another better unit if it is the control board that has failed. The dishwasher is about 5 weeks out of warranty. Needless to say I am pretty frustrated that it would fail so soon.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like its a faulty drain pump.

What I do is remove the electrical connector from the drain pump and put my meter leads in each of the two electrical connector slots and when it gets to the drain cycle, watch the meter, if your meter reads 120 volts and the drain pump is not running, then the drain pump is bad, and it will need to be replaced.

Watch this video to access it:

You can see the 2 brown wires in the video still, that's your electrical connector wires.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
W10876537 Pump-Drain

Jake