• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher WDF510PAYS6 does not wash the dishes

BillT

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF510PAYS6
Brand
Whirlpool
This may be a little hard to figure. On my Whirlpool Dishwasher Model # WDF510PAYS6, it Starts and Runs like it should, but it does not wash the dishes. Noticeable issues were, on the first night of the problem, I could smell something like it was operating too hot and another thing different was the Blue Lights. Normally once the dishes are washed, there will be 2 Blue Lights that stay lit until you open the door, "Clean" and "Sanitized". Once the problem started the "Clean" Blue Light was normal, but the "Sanitized" Blue Light was blinking. Lastly when I opened the door once it finished it's cycles, the all dishes were bone dry instead of having a little water still on top of the dips on the cups, etc, as well as noticing that the dishes did not get washed.

Appreciate any help on it.

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like a faulty wash(circulation) motor. I had two bad wash motors in Sept. and Oct. of 2018 here in my local area as well, its a common problem on the Whirlpool and KitchenAid models as of late.

Look here: FIXED: WDF510PAYSA Whirlpool dishwasher spray arms not spinning

That guy in that thread had the same problem, and his uses this same circulation motor as your model does. So I'd remove it and ohm test it like he did, if you get no continuity then its bad.

Here's the circulation(wash) motor for your model you can order:
Circulation Motor WPW10510666

You can also remove the electrical connector that connects to the wash motor, then put your meter leads in each one and then start a new cycle and after it fills watch your meter and it should say 120 volts. If it does then your wash motor is the culprit.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

BillT

Premium Member
Thank You. I will soon work on it and will get back to you on the part.

Thanks again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bill, sounds good.

Jake

BillT

Premium Member
Just for an update on my dishwasher, I usually keep repairing all my appliances till they are almost antiques but in this case, since I had to totally un-install it to replace the faulty part, I decided to just go with a new one. The Whirlpool did run great though for 7 full years without one problem I have to say.

Thanks for the help and will see y'all next time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bill, sounds good.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake