• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher WDF510PAYSA Not starting

Niksmitpa

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF510PAYSA
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a whirlpool WDF510PAYSA when pressing start button it is solid for about 2 seconds and then it continuously flashes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Usually a blinking LED indicates a faulty key panel. Check for any error codes by invoking the service test cycle:

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

■ To rapid advance 1 interval at a time, press the Start/Resume key. Rapid advancing may skip sensor checks as some checks require 2 complete intervals.
NOTE: While in the Diagnostic Cycle, the Start/ Resume feature is turned off and the Start/Resume key becomes an interval advance key.

■ Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

The CLEAN LED will flash the ERROR CODE in two parts. The CLEAN LED will first flash the function code. Then pause for two seconds, and then flash the problem code. It will repeat this three times unless advanced using the start key. If there are no errors the LED will stay solid for five seconds.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Niksmitpa

Premium Member
When I hit the following three keys. I hit the Select cycle button then the high temperature selection, then heat dry nothing happens. The symptoms are as follows. If I have the dishwasher in normal mode and select start. It will go solid for about 2 seconds and then it blinks continously. The clean light or sanitized light never come on.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, it sounds like the control board is the culprit. But I'd ohm test the door switch first before ordering the control board.

Here's the control board for your model(Video Included):
Main Control Board W10804121

Here's the door switch for your model(Video Included):
Door Switch WPW10274880

Watch this video to ohm test your door switch:

Jake

cmartin

Premium Member
Hello I know this is an old post but it is the only one with my identical problem. " I have a whirlpool WDF510PAYSA when pressing start button it is solid for about 2 seconds and then it continuously flashes."
I replaced the main board it didn't work , I just ordered the door switch ( which I tested on my machine I thought it was ok) but just in case I will replace it so thinking in advance if the door switch doesn't work what else could be the problem ?
Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Page 10--->Won’t Run and LED for Start/Resume Key is Blinking Slowly

Do what it mentions to do.

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-W10590887-RevD.pdf
    846.4 KB · Views: 24

cmartin

Premium Member
Thank you it didn’t work
The code that the dishwasher gave me is 3-1
At this point I replaced
1- main control panel
2- door switch
3- the turbidity sensor
All of them brand new
When I press start the panel lights up but it won’t start to work and after a few seconds you can hear the main control panel clicking it does that for a while and then turns off
If I push cancel makes the same solid light then starts blinking and clicking
Any other possibility/suggestion before I get rid of the appliance ? Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your videos didn't make it through, but at any rate, check all your wiring for a short in the wire harness causing this problem, that's all it can be at this point.

Jake