• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher WDF760SADW1 - Error Codes F9E1 / F3E3

2minipumpkins

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF760SADW1
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

Our dishwasher is showing two new error codes: F9E1 and F3E3.

I got the feeling something was wrong with the dishwasher when we ran it but it didn't make any noise after the first few minutes (I guess after it fills with water).

Tech sheet says:

F9E1 - Diverter, can't find position.

F3E3 - Failed calibration.

Are these DIY fixes?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's your tech data sheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VmXCwS74XGYh_yh76WVtTRw9GC6vMJYB

Here's your thread from 2019 about the new wash motor fixing it:

F9E1--->1. Corroded or loose connection in diverter sensor/ motor circuit, or open/shorted sensor/motor.
1. Check operation in Service Diagnostics Cycle. Listen for cam clicking as it rotates or inspect shaft with mirror to see if rotating during diverter interval. If rotating, it is likely the sensor circuit.
2. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power and check connections in Diverter Sensor and Motor circuit with meter. Fix/ replace open connections/parts.
3. Inspect diverter sensor for evidence of water or contaminants. If yes, replace.

Check operation of diverter motor during diagnostics. Inspect diverter shaft with mirror. If motor appears to be on (vibrates, hums), but you see limited rotation, replace diverter and seal.

Here's the diverter motor for your model:
W10537869 Motor

Here's the sump assembly, which includes the diverter motor seal for your model(Video Included in part link):
WPW10455268 Sump

Jake

2minipumpkins

Premium Member
Thank you Jake for your time and expertise.

So if our diverter is bad, I would need to buy a new sump too just because it includes the diverter motor seal?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, they recommend buying both the diverter motor and new sump assembly which comes with the new diverter seal already installed for you, but its up to you, some people just buy the diverter motor and its fine that way.

I guess they probably think the old diverter seal may leak, which has been known to happen.

Jake