• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAHZ1 Error Codes F4E3 & F7E1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbell1027

Premium Member
This dishwasher is 2 years old and a month ago it started leaving dishes dirty and wet. I ran the diagnostic and came up with F4E3 which the service chart said was a faulty wash motor.

I ordered the new motor W11084656 and installed it. Ran the diagnostic cycle again came up with both F4E3 and F7E1.

I ordered the new heating element W10518394 and installed it. The ohm reading on the old element was 12 ohms and the new element was 11.5 ohms which are well within the 10-20 ohms requirement.

I ran the diagnostic cycle again and the dishwasher seems to run ok but the error codes won't clear. I've turned the breaker off for 1 minute + (several times) and the codes remain. I have also noticed that the finished cycle is leaving a few dirty dishes and silverware where it used to clean everything flawlessly. The basket and spray arms are clean and clear of debris and operating normally.

The replacement wash motor is a little bigger (new style) than the original and I can hear the water streams are stronger. Am I looking at needing a new control board W11087213?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Anytime you replace a part on these dishwashers you always have to run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that, and report back if its working good again.:)

Jake

dbell1027

Premium Member
Hi Jake and thank you for the fast reply. I ran the dishwasher through the diagnostic cycle. I sent it through another cycle and the F7E1 code for the element dropped off with the F4E3 remaining for the wash motor code. Strange that the motor seems to be running just fine meaning it's pumping plenty of water because I can hear it. I ran it through another cycle and the F4E3 code is still there.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Page 11--->NOTE 2--->Press Hi Temp or cycles key in this interval to clear customer error history.

Page 12--->INTERVAL 25 Refers to NOTE 2, that's where you Press Hi Temp or cycles key in this interval to clear customer error history.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10904613 - Rev B.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 140

dbell1027

Premium Member
Hi Jake, It took a couple of more cycles but like magic, the codes cleared and the washer is running perfectly. Thank you very much for the assistance and have a great day.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @dbell1027 glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.