• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT710PAYM6 - no lights or response

Slagathore

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT710PAYM6
Brand
Whirlpool
There is no response from the unit, no lights on the control board and attempting to put it into diagnostic (the 123-123-123 buttons trick) does nothing. This happened last week and I reset the dishwasher by shutting it off at the breaker for a few minutes. Tried it this time and nothing. I am however seeing power to the buttons when I run my circuit/electricity detector by it. The detector showed nothing when the breaker was off so there is definitely juice flowing to it. No standing water or anything else out of the ordinary. It hasn't stopped mid-cycle either time either; just finishes and decides to go all 2020 on us and just not respond. Thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, This model does not have a seperate thermal fuse.

I'd first verify your getting 120 volts in the main junction power box underneath the dishwasher. Where you house power line connects to the main electrical of the dishwasher, Across Black and White should read 120 volts. There should be 2 wire nuts that connect the main power line to your dishwasher in the junction box underneath the dishwasher.

Just remove the very bottom access panel and you will see that junction box.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
#12 is the electrical junction box cover under the dishwasher towards the front, #11 is the screw you remove to remove the junction box cover.

I've seen those wire nuts come loose and/or burn arc and cause this NO POWER problem.

You'll need a multimeter to check for 120 volts: Digital Multimeter

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Slagathore

Premium Member
Life threw me for a loop so I haven't been able to get back to this until now.

Would checking power be needed since my voltage tester wand (lights when on or near power) shows power at the buttons?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You need a regular multimeter to see if you have 120 volts.

Jake