• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT720PADB1 F3 E1

EzRider73

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT720PADB1
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,
My DW is filthy nasty inside covering most of the surface especially the back it's heavily soiled. It's dark and slimy black smelly goop. I got the F3 E1 and all I see mention of on a search is a washing machine , no DW. Last year I replaced the water inlet valve from a different code and took care of that problem.
I ran 3 washes and dishes are filthy. I put store bought cleaners, vinegar, baking soda in and nothing took any of the crud out. Just as nasty as before. I'm wondering if the water level is the problem. I put it on high temp wash and when done opening the door steam rolls out and it's hot.
I use Cascade only but it does no good. Something is definitely not working properly. Thanks in advance to anyone who offers assistance.

Nick

Attachments

• Dw.jpg
    Dw.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 23

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

F3E1 is Thermistor/OWI Open.

Here's the Thermistor/OWI for your model:
Turbidity Sensor WPW10705575

It looks like the wash motor is not even running either from that photo. After it fills with water do you hear the wash motor start and run? Do you hear water splashing inside the tub? If not, Its most likely a bad wash motor as well.

Remove the electrical connector to that circulation wash motor and put your meter probes in it and see if you get 120 volts after it fills, when it should be running.
(click to enlarge)
dishwash120volts.jpg

Here's the wash motor assembly for your model you can order, if needed:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video to replace it:

Jake

EzRider73

Premium Member
Jake,
Thanks for your reply. No It never had the splash sound like it did like it was washing. Seemed much more quiet. Pumped water out but didn't seem like much and at times not all pumped out. Between my post and your answer my other half bought a used one from somebody up the road always . Got that one installed and washing as we speak. She found a good running One so I guess we will junk the old one . I appreciate your time and response. I didn't know she was going to buy a used one but now I'm back in business. Thanks again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Thanks for the update!

Jake