• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT720PADM1 error codes 7-1 and 6-6

Kheen

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT720PADM1
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a 5yo Whirlpool WDT720PADM1 showing error codes F7E1 (no heat) and F6E6 (cool water).

Issues:
1) Dishwasher pods sticking and not breaking open
2) Dishes not getting clean/must run multiple times

Checked:
1) Water supply valve is fully open
2) Water heater is functioning

Questions
1) What is the most likely fix?
2) How to clear error codes once fixed?

Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

So after it fills with water, do you hear the wash motor come on and you hear the water splashing in the tub? Or water fills then does nothing?

If the water fills then does nothing, then its usually a bad wash motor, seen this many times on my service calls.

Here's the wash motor assembly for your model you can order:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video to replace it:

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake

Kheen

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply! I hear water fill then a motor and splashing. I have a multimeter, should I still test the wash motor?

G

Have you run the diagnostic test to get those error codes? During test after you hear the wash motor open the door and note wash arm position. Close door and let motor run and open door. Water should be dripping down from top of unit and wash arms moving if you open it quickly. It will splash and the arms are in a different position

Does the heating element get hot at the end of the cycle? F7 error code may be a false error

Run hot water at the sink before you start a cycle to prevent a cold water inlet

Hot water cleans better than cold

Kheen

Premium Member
Thank you! I've rerun it three times now and it sounds like it's operating properly. Steam comes out when I open it (running hot water in sink first did seem to help). The bottom arm is spinning, top arm isn't. Dishes still are not getting very clean even on the bottom though we always rinse food off before putting dishes in.

So could it be the top arm and the turbidity sensor?? I'm guessing here.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When you first start a new cycle after it fills, open the door and tell us how high is the water level coming up to? It should be a few inches below the heating element.

Does the wash motor run for a loooong time, or does it seem to start and stop for the entire wash cycle?

Jake

Kheen

Premium Member
Running hot water and the disposal before cycles then having smaller loads seem to be helping. I'll listen for the motor and keep you posted. Thank you for all the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake