• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT720PADM1 was leaking from the front...

sman26

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT720PADM1
Brand
Whirlpool
Dishwasher probably 5 years old. Starting leaking out front bottom of door about 15 minutes into the cycle.
I checked the front feet and one wasn't touching the ground but this was the first time it had leaked. At any rate, I extended both front to make the front lift up.
I removed the front SS door to reveal area pointed to in red were pretty clogged. I guess I didn't realize, is this an overflow area that water is allowed to come into. I watched it during a cycle, AFTER I CLEANED up the gunk, and the water raised and lowered with the cycles so maybe it's doing what it is supposed to be doing? Cleaning the gunk and raising the front may have been the fix. I ran a second 1:19 hour cycle all the way through and no leak with the front door off to watch.
Is this normal as well, video here
, for the water to swish almost over the sides into this front catch tray?
Thanks,
Shawn

1622834094974.png

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Shawn, It seems its doing fine now after you raised the front legs.

That gunk might be dried detergent, we recommend running the hot water at your sink first before starting the dishwasher, so the first batch of water into the dishwasher is not cold.

Also, we recommend Cascade Detergent, I use the Cascade Pods in my Maytag Dishwasher and does a great job and I never see that gunk build-up on my 7 year old Maytag Dishwasher.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Shawn.(y)

Jake