• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT730PAHZ0 circulating pump trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake123

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT730PAHZ0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello everyone. I have a whirlpool dishwasher that quit spraying water from the spray arms. From this site I narrowed it down to the circulating pump. I checked and had 120 volts to the pump sometimes and 70 volts at other times. I also read this was normal. So I ordered pump number w10510667.

When I got the pump I realized it was the wrong one but it looked like it would work. I put it in and now it sprays water for 1 second and stops. It does this for the whole cycle. Even tho this is not the w11084656 pump that I need shouldn't it still spray water like it use to, or do I have another problem?

Maybe this pump is 120 volts only and won't work with anything less? The tags on the pump motor both say the same info just different part numbers. Thank you all so much in advanced!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The wash motor should be getting a constant 120 volts to it. W10510667 won't work properly in your model.

Here is the wash motor assembly for your model: W11084656 Motor-Pump

You can use the safety pin trick if your meter leads are too big:

safety pin 500x250.jpg

Here's how I do it in this thread, and advise others to do it the same way:
dishwash120volts.jpg

Jake123

Premium Member
Thank you for responding to me. I was having a hard time getting 120 volts even using the safety pin trick. For some reason I kept getting 70 volts. I think I'm just not making good contact because I plugged in the old motor and it did start running. I have a new correct motor on order because I'm sure the old motor on its way out. Ill repost when the new motor shows up. Hopefully with good news!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good. Yes, keep us posted.

Jake

Jake123

Premium Member
Just an update finally. After being sent the wrong pump again I finally received the right one. I put it in and all is well! I was disappointed that this one only lasted barely 2 years. Hopefully this one lasts awhile longer. Thank you for all the assistance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jake, glad to hear wash motor assembly fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.