• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT750SAHZ won't wash after fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfosbenner

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT750SAHZ
Brand
Whirlpool
It's 2.5 years old and this is the first issue. When I start a cycle, it sounds like some water is coming in, and I can feel the water inlet hose is warm, however, there's no water in the bottom of the tub. After a minute or so it goes quiet and just sits there. The "Washing" light is on solid but nothing is happening. There's no blinking lights indicating error. When I open the door after a couple minutes, it's warm inside, like a heater is on. Depending on how long I let it go, it will pop the soap dispenser open. When I hit cancel, it does pump some water out which I can hear.

My first thought was the water inlet valve, reportedly a common item for my model. I got a new one for $25 and installed it, but no change in behavior.

Can someone advise how I can troubleshoot this?

dfosbenner

Premium Member
I got into Diag mode. The Clean light flashes 4 times, then 3 times. It repeats this 3 times in a row. If I'm understanding the Service Tech's booklet, 4 is a Function code which indicates the wash motor, and 3 is a Problem Code which is "Motor not running."
Possible causes are faulty wash motor, control motor drive circuit, or sense circuit. So I really don't know what's wrong.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you are correct, Error Code 4-3 is Wash Motor Not Running.

Check for 120 volts at the wash motor electrical connector when the wash motor should be running after the dishwasher fills with water. Follow these steps below that I've mentioned to other people.

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use a multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.
(click to enlarge)
dishwash120volts.jpg

Here is the wash motor assembly for your model you can order: W11084656 Motor-Pump

Let us know what you find.

Jake

dfosbenner

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thanks so much for replying!

I have voltage at the 2 light blue wires at the wash motor harness, but what's odd is it's 120v, dropping to 114v, then back up to 120v. It does this about every 3-4 seconds, continuously. The house voltage is rock solid 120v. The same thing is happening when I connect the meter directly to the control board.

The wash motor never moves so I'm certain it's toast, but I'm wondering if this voltage thing could have caused it to fail, and if the control board is messed up?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you sure your meter leads are in it securely?

You can use the safety pin trick if your meter leads are too big:

safety pin 500x250.jpg

dfosbenner

Premium Member
I just rechecked. Constant, steady voltage. Not sure why I got the fluctuation earlier today, I checked it twice. Thanks for all the guidance. Wash motor assembly has been ordered. Have a good night!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok good, yes the new wash motor will fix it.:)

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake

dfosbenner

Premium Member
Jake, the dishwasher rides again! 🤠
Many thanks again for all your help. I realized I have been a member of this forum for 16 years and you've always been a reliable resource. Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @dfosbenner glad to hear the new wash motor fixed it.(y)

Yes, we enjoy seeing long members come back.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.