• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher - WDT750SAHZ0 Recirculation Pump Replaced and still won't run.

Matt J.

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT750SAHZ0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello!

My dishwasher quit washing dishes because the recirculation pump wouldn't run (it may have been short cycling, not sure.) I went ahead and replaced the pump and pump housing. All filters have been cleaned.

Now it short cycles, meaning that it only runs the recirculation pump for 3-4 seconds and quits. It definitely sprays but it won't continue to spray. It will complete the cycles as if it's run the pump.

When I open the washer to see what's on the inside, it only has a very small amount of water in it, meaning just enough to cover the course and fine filters. Could it be that I have a bad fill valve that won't open enough? I don't know how much water is supposed to be in the tub.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Matt J.

Matt J.

Premium Member
Hello again.

So when I got home, I put more water in the tub to where is just touched the float and it still wouldn't run the recirculation pump for more than a couple of seconds.

Matt J.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Matt,

It's most likely the wash(circulation) motor that has gone bad, this has become a common problem as of late, many members here have reported the same, including myself as I had 2 bad wash motors in Parker, Arizona in 2018 that did the same thing.

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle and running.
(click to enlarge)
dishwash120volts.jpg

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use a multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running then your wash motor is bad.

Here's the complete wash motor/sump assembly for your model: W11087376 PUMP&MOTOR Which includes the wash motor already installed for you, and a new diverter motor already installed for you. All you do is remove the old wash motor/sump assembly, then install the new wash motor/sump assembly and your done.:)

Its actually a higher price just for the wash motor by-itself: W11084656 Motor-Pump

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Matt J.

Premium Member
Hello Jake.

I already installed a new pump and this started happening. I checked the voltage and there is 120v going to the pump. When I checked the pump itself the resistance is extremely high. Do you think I installed a bad pump?

Thanks,
Matt J.

Attachments

• IMG_20220528_082042_327.jpg
    IMG_20220528_082042_327.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 51

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Normal ohms is 5 to 15 ohms for the washer motor.

I checked the voltage and there is 120v going to the pump.
Was it a constant 120 volts?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Matt, yes that's the problem, the wash motor needs to be replaced.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.