• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT780SAEM1 Soap not completely dissolving

Ltramon45@gmail

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT780SAEM1
Brand
Whirlpool
The same problem I have seen others with the soap not completely dissolving. I can’t figure out how to run the diagnostics. All I see is 123 three times. But don’t understand which keys to hit. Is it any three buttons or is there a specific button?

Also is there supposed to be water left in the bottom where the screen is? I removed the screen and there was about an inch of water. Cleaned the round screen while I was at it.

Could my Soap pods be contaminate? My wife had three different soap pods in the same container.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform the following while in standby mode.

Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses.
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

Invoking Service Diagnostics Cycle clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

Drain and wash motors will pulsate on and off.

Last Run cycles and options returned to default.

Last Run Delay returns to the lowest delay increment.

Calibration cycle may force an extra rinse to occur prior to final rinse (to assure clear water), then calibrates the OWI and the fill amount during the final rinse.

Operating state returns to Standby upon completing or terminating the Service Diagnostics Cycle.

The Diagnostic Cycle has 26 intervals and starts in interval 26 and ends on interval 1. The total time is about 25 minutes.

Interval 26 turns all the LEDs on as a display check prior to displaying error codes.

Intervals 25 - 24 - 23 - 22 are for error codes, newest to oldest.

NOTE: Some models have replaced "CLEAN" with "COMPLETED"
The Clean (or Completed) LED will flash the error codes in two parts. The Clean LED will first flash the function code, pause for 2 seconds then flash the problem code, pause for 5 seconds then repeat three times unless advanced by Start key.

If there are no errors, Clean or Completed LED will stay on solid for 5 seconds.

Interval 21 is a 10 second pause and the Hi-Temp LED will be blinking. Press the Hi-Temp key to clear customer history and error codes.

Intervals 20 to 3 is the service diagnostic cycle.

Intervals 2 and 1 are for any error codes found during the service test.

Ltramon45@gmail

Premium Member
I ran the diagnostic about and it only lasted about 14 minutes. I had a timer set to be by the machine at around 24 minutes since the above info said 25 minutes. When I checked the machine because it beeped there was noting on the screen or lights flashing. Opened the door. Nothing on the screen either.

After putting in the 123 sequence and it started it flashed what looked like f-3, f15 and then started the diagnostics.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member