• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool Dishwasher WDT975SAHV0 will not go into the spray wash cycle after the water fills up - Service Tech Sheet Needed

bizzs

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT975SAHV0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hey Jake, long time since I ran into a problem with one of my appliances. I have a Whirlpool WDT975SAHV0 that is just a few years old and it will not go into the spray wash cycle after the water fills up. I am guessing it is the wash motor. I have looked everywhere for the tech sheet inside of the unit and found a plastic slot glued to the toe kick with no documentation. Would you happen to have some information on how to set this unit into the tech mode to see if there are any codes present?

Thank brother

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I'm attaching it below.

Yes, I always check for 120 volts AC at the wash motor when it should be washing, if you get 120 volts AC and its not washing then the wash motor is bad.

Its less expensive to purchase the complete pump/motor assembly, rather than the wash motor alone.

Here's the complete pump/motor assembly for your model:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• W10837602-RevA.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 24

bizzs

Premium Member
Thanks for the information. I ran service test and the following codes displayed: f6-e4, f4-e3,fc-e2,fe-fe. Any recommedations?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
F4E3 is wash motor not running, that's the important one.

Check for 120 volts at the wash motor electrical connector when the wash motor should be running after the dishwasher fills with water. Follow these steps below that I've mentioned to other people.

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use a multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the complete pump/motor assembly below.
(click to enlarge)
dishwash120volts.jpg

Here's the complete pump/motor assembly for your model:

Jake